A little bit hurry, is Traxdata 12832 CD burner working with linux ?

A little bit hurry, is Traxdata 12832 CD burner working with linux ?

Post by Nicolas Ecarno » Sat, 13 Oct 2001 00:16:48

Hello,

I first apoligize for this non-conventionnal subject, but I have to send a
product command soon, and I'd like to know if anyone manage to use the
Traxdata 12832 CDRW burner under Linux.

I ask that because it does not appear in the hardware-howtos, nor in the
working list, neither in the NON-working one, and it's normal : this is a
quiet recent harware.

Thank you in advance for your fast answer ;o)

--
Nicolas Ecarnot

Si je pouvais choisir le jour de ma mort,
je choisirais plutot le lendemain.
        -- P. Geluck

A little bit hurry, is Traxdata 12832 CD burner working with linux ?

Post by Dances With Cro » Sat, 13 Oct 2001 08:37:12

On Thu, 11 Oct 2001 15:16:48 +0000 (UTC), Nicolas Ecarnot staggered into
the Black Sun and said:

Quote:>I first apoligize for this non-conventionnal subject, but I have to
>send a product command soon, and I'd like to know if anyone manage to
>use the Traxdata 12832 CDRW burner under Linux.  I ask that because it
>does not appear in the hardware-howtos, nor in the working list,
>neither in the NON-working one, and it's normal : this is a quiet
>recent harware.

Every IDE burner (why didn't you mention that it was IDE?  That
information could've been important!) made since about 1998 should
support the MMC-3 standard, which is what cdrecord and the ide-scsi
module want to see.  It is highly likely that the device will work.
http://groups.google.com/advanced_group_search and search for keywords
"IDE" and "CD-RW" for information on how to get any generic IDE CD-RW
working under Linux.

Quote:>Thank you in advance for your fast answer ;o)

You want fast, join #linuxhelp on a reputable IRC server.  You want
accurate, Usenet is a better bet.

Brainbench MVP for Linux Admin /     That which does not kill us
http://www.brainbench.com     /      makes us stranger.
-----------------------------/       --Trevor Goodchild, "AEon Flux"

1. cd burner TRAXDATA 2/2/24

Hi,
I have a problem with my cd-burner Traxdata 2/2/24
I can't mount my second cd-rom and I don't know why ;-(
In my loadlin.par is written:
        hdc=ide-scsi # thats master and my cd-burner
        hdd=ide-scsi # thats slave and my cd-rom
In /etc/fstab is written:
 /dev/scd0 /cdbr  iso9660 rw,noauto,user 0 0
 /dev/scd1 /cdrom iso9660 ro,noauto,user 0 0
When i write "cdrecord -scanbus" , I get follow message:

 Cdrecord release 1.8a22 Copyright (C)....
 scsibus0
          0) 'Taxdata' 'CDRW2224 PLUS  ' ' 1.4' Removable CD-ROM
cdrecord: Warning: controller returns wrong size for CD capabilities
page.
          1) 'LITEON ' 'CD-ROM LTN244  ' 'KL49' Removable CD-ROM
          2) *
          3) *
          4) *
          5) *
          6) *
          7) *

When I put a cd in my cd-rom, than its not possible to mount /cdrom
Only when I put a cd in my cd-burner can I mount this, but I can mount
the cd in /cdrom and the same cd I can mount it in /cdbr (it is the
mountpoint from the burner)
Can anybody help me ?

cu Bernd

2. mounting new hard drive with multiple / directories.

3. I am getting a little bit ...

4. X login

5. Will a Sony USB CD burner work under Linux?

6. Newby need help finding CDROM drive

7. IDE CD burners, will they work with Linux?

8. displaying of fonts don′t work

9. My CD burner. Does it work under linux?

10. Does this cd-rom burner work w/ Linux?

11. Is Traxdata CD-RW2260 plus supported under linux

12. Duel heads working but I need a little bit of help

13. A little OT but I am running Linux off the DSL.