SIS 7012 audio and SIS 650 grpahic

Post by Ireneusz Szczygie » Sun, 15 Dec 2002 17:45:07

Hi
I have problem with SIS 7012 card under linux.  Namely I've bought a
notebook with SIS7012 on board. But any trials of activating it ended with
error. I have tried native driver from the kernel  2.4.20 and ALSA driver.
Logs show that the sound device is found with wrong irq. OS tries to assign
irq0 and gives up. Under WIndows it works with irq10.
I have also troubles with graphics card (SIS 650). It works fine with
genereric VESA driver, but instalation of native SIS driver (downwloaded
form SIS homepage) hangs the computer (X 4.2).
Have you any idea about it?
thanks in advance
Irek Szczygiel

SIS 7012 audio and SIS 650 grpahic

Post by Jim Newto » Mon, 16 Dec 2002 12:26:57

I have the same problem and use the VESA driver for now.  No audio either.
The only help for the SIS650 is at this site thanks to Thomas Winischhofer:
http://www.winischhofer.net/linuxsis630.shtml
but I have not yet tried the drivers.  I have the SIS 650 and 7012 on my
desktop motherboard.  As you will find out, SIS does not support Linux
notwithstanding the driver they show.
Let me how you make out with your video.
Jim

Quote:> Hi
> I have problem with SIS 7012 card under linux.  Namely I've bought a
> notebook with SIS7012 on board. But any trials of activating it ended with
> error. I have tried native driver from the kernel  2.4.20 and ALSA driver.
> Logs show that the sound device is found with wrong irq. OS tries to
assign
> irq0 and gives up. Under WIndows it works with irq10.
> I have also troubles with graphics card (SIS 650). It works fine with
> genereric VESA driver, but instalation of native SIS driver (downwloaded
> form SIS homepage) hangs the computer (X 4.2).
> Have you any idea about it?
> thanks in advance
> Irek Szczygiel

1. ECS k7s5a audio sound SiS 735 - 7012

Ok. I do understand the point, now.
Sorry for the misunderstanding. I caught the remark as a too general
statement.

May thanks for the efforts maintaining tulip drivers.

Regards,
  Grard.

-

2. Can linux damage my hardware?

3. Asus P4S8X - SiS 7012 audio with C-Media 9739 codec

4. Using /bin/which from sh and ksh

5. ECS k7s5a audio sound SiS 735 - 7012

6. Shared memory, ftok and perl

7. Sis 7012 Audio Driver

8. linux without network

9. SiS 7012 under Red Hat 8.0

10. SiS 7012 sound card not working

11. SiS 7012 sound card wont work

12. Sound record vs RH9/SIS 7012

13. SiS 7012 config Patch for 2.4.20-dj2