3com Impact IQ & Redhat 5.0

Post by Mickey Stei » Thu, 13 Aug 1998 04:00:00

I seem to go through this everytime I change anything. In this case, I
got a larger drive and moved the /usr volume to it's own physical place.
I've got a 3com ImpactIQ ISDN modem , along with an analog one I use for
fax's and other things. In  Windows & in Linux, the analog modem works
fine with ppp. In windows, the ISDN modem is great. In Linux , the ISDN
modem won't talk to me. Not even through minicom. It's on COM2 which is
cua1 I think and my ipup procedure does a setserial /dev/cua1 (or
whichever is right) irq 11 UART 16750 spd_vhi which the port accepts and
I see the 3com lights blink. By the way, I'm running kernel 2.1.53 which
is the one that recognizes the 16750 uart I use. Anyway, that's about as
far as I get now. I can't seem to talk to the modem with at commands and
actually, I'm sure it would work just like the other modem does if I
could just figure out how to talk to it at all. It works (externally)
just like any modem. Anyone know about this sort of problem? Tia, Mick