Is there a good PCI EIDE controller supported by Linux?

Is there a good PCI EIDE controller supported by Linux?

Post by Mike Fris » Tue, 22 Aug 1995 04:00:00

        I am looking for a good PCI EIDE controller for use with Linux
(as well as other popular PC operating systems).  I am currently using
the CMD PCI EIDE controller, but feel that I am not getting maximal
performance.  What else is out there and for how much?  I don't need
anything with caching or whatever, just a plain well-supported, bug-free
PCI EIDE controller.

        I used a friend's machine with a slower CPU and slower disk and a
generic VLB EIDE controller and found his disk performance to be
noticeably better.

Thanks for the info!

Mike.

Northstar Technologies                        Compuserve: 76620,2534
Newmarket, Ontario, CANADA

Is there a good PCI EIDE controller supported by Linux?

Post by wmad.. » Thu, 24 Aug 1995 04:00:00

Quote:>    I am looking for a good PCI EIDE controller for use with Linux
>(as well as other popular PC operating systems).  I am currently using
>the CMD PCI EIDE controller, but feel that I am not getting maximal
>performance.  What else is out there and for how much?  I don't need
>anything with caching or whatever, just a plain well-supported, bug-free
>PCI EIDE controller.

>    I used a friend's machine with a slower CPU and slower disk and a
>generic VLB EIDE controller and found his disk performance to be
>noticeably better.

Have you tried the latest CMD640 drivers (640X_USR.zip) on Hobbes? It
contains drivers for many operating systems...

Bill Maddox

1. PCI EIDE controllers supported under Linux ?

I am looking for a PCI EIDE controller supported by Linux.
If you use such a controller with more than 2 IDE devices,
please email me its brand and model, thank you.

I have first considered buying a DTC 2130D but it seems
that in order to use it with 3 or more IDE devices, one has
to boot DOS, run the DTC driver, and then warm boot Linux...

Thanks for any infos.

Alex Stouffs

---

2. Convert UNIX Date format

3. I'm Looking for suggestions for a good PCI EIDE controller ...

4. Magma's S-Bus cards

5. Is DTC2132 PCI EIDE controller supported ?

6. Desktop background

7. PCI EIDE drives, PCI SCSI drives, controllers

8. libc problem with pcmcia s/w

9. PCI EIDE controller for Linux?

10. micron pci 32 bit mode 4 eide controller on motherboard & linux

11. linux on 2nd EIDE HDD as primary on 2nd EIDE controller

12. What EIDE controllers support 4 HDDs and work with Linux?