FC1 at76c503a usb wireless- how to associate driver?

FC1 at76c503a usb wireless- how to associate driver?

Post by Royce Da 5'11" » Sat, 17 Apr 2004 09:48:01

Hi,
I have a Compaq HNW-200 USB wireless device and Fedora Core 1
with 2.6 (the one that comes with FC2 T2) kernel. 2.6
has support for at76c503a-based cards and my device is
detected through Fedora's hardware browser but it
shows up in "System Devices" with "Manufacturer:
Unknown" and "Driver: Unknown".

How do I make the kernel associate a module with this
device? (trying to do a "iwconfig wlan0 ..." doesn't
   recognize wlan0).

Also, when I go to Fedora's network device manager and
try to add my wireless device, it is not shown as an
option though it shows up in the hardware browser?