ADSL

Post by Michael L Youn » Tue, 27 Oct 1998 04:00:00

I have ADSL service through US West.  I can't surf the net.  I am
running Red Hat 5.1 and I have run 'netcfg'.  I have input all the ip
addresses and domains.  I have enabled the interface.  Is there a step I
a missing.  When I load up netscape and type an address, it can't find
it.

Works fine under Windoze 98.

Michael

ADSL

Post by Mark Ayzenshtey » Tue, 27 Oct 1998 04:00:00

Did you enter your DNS server IPs? Maybe there is a login program that US
West installed on your windows 98 system thats not present on linux?

Mark

: I have ADSL service through US West.  I can't surf the net.  I am
: running Red Hat 5.1 and I have run 'netcfg'.  I have input all the ip
: addresses and domains.  I have enabled the interface.  Is there a step I
: a missing.  When I load up netscape and type an address, it can't find
: it.

: Works fine under Windoze 98.

: Michael

                Mark Ayzenshteyn CE Major at UCSD

                http://www.bonzo.org/~marka

ADSL

Post by Robo » Fri, 30 Oct 1998 04:00:00

I am working on getting that set upi now with our Linux box.  US West
indicated to me that you have to have DCHP running on your machine to
get an IP from them.

On Mon, 26 Oct 1998 13:52:42 -0800, Michael L Young

>I have ADSL service through US West.  I can't surf the net.  I am
>running Red Hat 5.1 and I have run 'netcfg'.  I have input all the ip
>addresses and domains.  I have enabled the interface.  Is there a step I
>a missing.  When I load up netscape and type an address, it can't find
>it.

>Works fine under Windoze 98.

>Michael

1. ADSL Router or ADSL Modem /Linux firewall

I have to upgrade a 25 client 98/XP network to ADSL
(W2000 server, W98/vPop3 mailserver)
I have a choice of :-
D-Link DSL504 ADSL Modem/Router connected direct to the network or
D-Link DSL504 ADSL Modem/Router connected via a Linux Firewall box or
D-Link DSL300 ADSL Modem connected via a Linux Firewall box

Thanks
Andy Chalkley
Perth Australia

2. x86 on hitachi e-series notebook

3. Alcated 1000 ADSL and Telenor ADSL

4. File descriptors ... Viewing

5. adsl modems

6. graphics terminal on linux box

7. New adsl router - will it work?

8. tsmlogin_efix.tar.Z : tsmlogin.43 : Can not login after applying this efix on AIX 4.3.2.0

9. Limiting outgoing bandwidth per machine, using Linux (2.2.19) on ADSL

10. usb adsl modem and linux

11. Need Help on ADSL (PPPOE) PLEASE!!!!!!!!

12. Redhat 9 & iptable and adsl modem setup question

13. ADSL Sympatico problems