ASUS A7V UDMA installation problems

Post by Vladimir Danishevsk » Sat, 30 Dec 2000 12:18:17

I have problems to install Linux (RedHat 7.0) on ASUS A7V motherboard with
Promise UDMA controller on board.  Installation program does not see hard
drive and installation does not go through.  I installed using onboard IDE
controller but did not find way to make it work with UDMA.  Any suggestions?
Also does anybody knows about Solaris 8.0 support for PROMISE UDMA?
Vladimir

ASUS A7V UDMA installation problems

Post by Bharath Krishna » Sun, 31 Dec 2000 12:54:19

Check out the suggestions on this website.

http://www.geocities.com/ender7007/index.html

-bharath

--
So what do you need? Besides a miracle.
Guns. Lots of guns.

1. Installation Mandrake 7.2 /RedHat6.2 With promise ATA100 ASUS A7V ?

I have a problem with my motherboard ASUS A7V....
I boot my installation  with linux ide2=0xa000, 0x9802 (the parameter with
lspci -v) but linux don't recognize my controller Promise ATA100
RedHat 6.2

Kernel Panic :VFS Unable to mount root fs on 08:34

Mandrake 7.2

Nothing  error..... but the installation stop...

Help me

Thanks
Mick

2. new hardware

3. Problems with Asus A7V Motherboard

4. Deleted inode has no dtime

5. Problems installing FreeBSD onto an ASUS A7V ..

6. Dynamic IP

7. Asus A7V/333 problems

8. Any support for SMD drives?

9. Problem with asus a7v and quantum lm ultra ata 66

10. PCI bus problem with ASUS A7V?

11. Agpgart problems?: G400, DRI, and VIA Apollo KT133 Chipset (Asus A7V mobo)

12. Problems with Yamaha CRW-8824/Asus A7V/RedHat 7.0

13. ASUS A7V ATA 100 problems