@Home w/ Mandrake 6.5 and SMC 2202 USB Ethernet Adapter

Post by AJ » Wed, 19 Jul 2000 04:00:00

cable internet to work under Linux Mandrake 6.5 (RedHat 6.0).

My ethernet card is the SMC 2202 USB External Adapter.  Does anyone know
if this is even supported under Linux?

Thanks, AJ

Post by Thomas Kocha » Wed, 19 Jul 2000 04:00:00

> cable internet to work under Linux Mandrake 6.5 (RedHat 6.0).

> My ethernet card is the SMC 2202 USB External Adapter.  Does anyone know
> if this is even supported under Linux?

> Thanks, AJ

> --

@Home w/ Mandrake 6.5 and SMC 2202 USB Ethernet Adapter

Post by Thomas Kocha » Wed, 19 Jul 2000 04:00:00

Does it use static IP adressing or DHCP addressing?

> cable internet to work under Linux Mandrake 6.5 (RedHat 6.0).

> My ethernet card is the SMC 2202 USB External Adapter.  Does anyone know
> if this is even supported under Linux?

> Thanks, AJ

> --

@Home w/ Mandrake 6.5 and SMC 2202 USB Ethernet Adapter

Post by AJ » Wed, 19 Jul 2000 04:00:00

> > cable internet to work under Linux Mandrake 6.5 (RedHat 6.0).

> > My ethernet card is the SMC 2202 USB External Adapter.  Does anyone
know
> > if this is even supported under Linux?

> > Thanks, AJ

> > --

1. Any Hope for a SMC 2202 USB Ethernet Adapter?

I've finally got my 56K modem to work under Linux.  Discovered it had
jumpers and found some settings that Win98 was happy with (it was a USR
Sportster PNP ISA, a general Linux no-no).

Now I want to get my cable modem running.  My problem is that I have a SMC
2202 USB Ethernet Adapter.  Linux doesn't detect it and I'm a newbie trying
to learn Linux so that the Unix system in the factory where I work won't be
so foreign.  I'm running Linux on it's own drive.  Are there any patches out
there to get this adapter working?

I don't want to use an internal network card because I tried one and it
refused to let my SBLive card work.

Thanks,

Ric

2. Serial Comm Issue.

3. SMC 1211TX and Mandrake 6.5

4. Cirrus Logic GD5436

5. SMC USB-ethernet adaptor

6. KPPP and Sportster

7. bugreport: 2.4.20pre9 + i2c-2.6.5 + lm_sensors-2.6.5

8. PPPOE problem

9. crazy mouse pointer with Mandrake 6.5 for win.

10. Configuring a Rockwell PNP 33 600 modem in Mandrake 6.5

11. Problem with 3Com "cyclone" card, Mandrake 6.5

12. Mandrake 6.5 adn IDE 13.6G HD?

13. Mandrake 6.5 & Ultra 66 SCSI