PS2 Mouse Problem In Quake but not X

Post by Vic Evan » Sun, 18 Jun 2000 04:00:00

I'm a complete Linux-newbee and I can't figure out how to get the mouse
to work properly in Quake I for Linux.

It is a PS2 Logitech 3 button MouseMan mouse that works fine in X or KDE
but when I start Quake, it does not function correctly.

The left-right movements in Quake are very quick and far too extreme.   I
tried to customize the controls to change the Quake controls as I have
done in the DOS version but it would not map the mouse keys and lowering
the sensitivity did not work.  Quake did did not recognize the mouse
clicks when I clicked them in the Quake control setup.  I wanted to
reassign the forward movement to the right mouse button and attack to the
left mouse button.

I'm running RedHat 6.0 on an AMD K6-2 300mhz on an Asus P5-AB motherboard
with Quake I.

I'll be very pleased if anyone will help me.  Many thanks.

1. Quake 2 + 3dfx + mouse PS2

Hello....
I play on my Linux 3.0.34 to Quake 2 with my 3dfx (glide + mesa)
It's run good (sorry i'm french, so my english is ... poor...)
but my mouse Logitek PS2 work only in soft mode, not in glide ..???
why ?? my libvga.conf seems good....
HHHHELLLLP ME ....

2. trying to get additional disk (ie a d: drive) to be recognized by FreeBSD

3. PS2 Mouse not point correctly under X (3.1.2)

4. natd question

5. PS2 mouse not working correctly

6. configing ethernet?

7. 3-button PS2 mouse on a 390 - middle button not working

8. Serial Port Programming

9. Laptop PS2 Mouse not working

10. PS2 mouse (Logitech 3 buttons) DO NOT WORK

11. ps2 mouse not working

12. HELP : PS2 mouse - HP Vectra VL series 3 5/90 mouse wont work.

13. Mouse System PS2 mouse jerky in X