Philips 225 CD-ROM Recorder

Post by Dave Coo » Sat, 08 Apr 1995 04:00:00

We're considering trying out the new Philips CDR 225 double speed
CD-ROM recorder, and have downloaded 'cdwrite' and 'mkisofs' off tsx-11.

Quote:> Writeable CD drives can be accessed via the generic SCSI driver.
> You need a tool like 'cdwrite' to do the necessary magic for
> fiddling with the device. Currently only the old Philips Writer
> CDD 521 is supported. I could get the CDD 522 double-speed device
> going at single speed, but am still waiting for the OEM manuals
> from philips Eindhoven to find out how to enable double-speed...

Has anyone tried either the Philips or Kodak (based on the Philips)
recorders with 'cdwrite'?

David Coons
Walt Disney Feature Animation

1. Philips CDD521 CD-ROM recorder

Does anyone know if a Philips CDD521 CD-ROM recorder will work with linux?
Thanks in advance.

                Philippe Marmillod
                CRPP
                Ecole Polytechnique Federale de Lausanne
                Switzerland

2. a VERY GOOD NEW!?/?/?/

3. CD-ROM recorder Philips: No device assigned!

4. WHICH VERSION IS MOST SABLE??????

5. Patch LMS/Philips CD205/225/202 (driver is available as a kernel patch)

6. tcpdump not working with > 1.1.64

7. SuSE 8.0 - Lost control over floppy, Cd-rom, Cd-recorder...

8. .cgi and apache

9. Soft for CD-ROM recorder ?

10. Using CD-ROM recorder with Linux

11. ****CD-ROM recorder questions****