Trident 9440 SVGA-Server needed

Post by Avat » Sun, 12 Nov 1995 04:00:00

Quote:>I am desperately looking for a SVGA server for my

>            Trident 9440 graphic card (PCI bus)

>since my linux supports Trident only up to the 9420 chip set.

>Your help is very much appreciated,

I have the same setup, and would greatly appreciate your help too.
XFree86 runs, but only in 320x200x256 mode. Can anyone help fix this
or do I need a different server?

Post by Robert Schaef » Fri, 17 Nov 1995 04:00:00

>>I am desperately looking for a SVGA server for my

>>                Trident 9440 graphic card (PCI bus)

>>since my linux supports Trident only up to the 9420 chip set.

>>Your help is very much appreciated,
>I have the same setup, and would greatly appreciate your help too.
>XFree86 runs, but only in 320x200x256 mode. Can anyone help fix this
>or do I need a different server?

You need a different server.  Unfortunately, the one you need isn't
released yet.  The work is being done as we speak to get the driver
working for the 9440, but there have been a few new snags, in that some
of us are experiencing some odd problems that seem to have the developer
a little confused.  It is coming sometime soon though.  In the meantime,
if you don't mind 16 colors, you can use the newer patched version of
the VGA16 server on Sunsite.  Its been modified to recognize some of the
features of this card.  (such as programmable clocks)  Unfortunately,
until the new server is out, this is your best choice.

Bob Schaefer

P.S.  Followers of the Trident saga, please note my new address, the old
one still works for now, but will be going away soon.  Please make a
note of it for future reference.