deskjet 882c and Mandrake 6.1?

Post by David Heat » Wed, 19 Jan 2000 04:00:00

is anyone using an HP Deskjet 882C?  Is it easy to setup in Redhat 6.1?
Which driver do I use to get good quality

Post by Pete Koerne » Sat, 29 Jan 2000 04:00:00

> is anyone using an HP Deskjet 882C?  Is it easy to setup in Redhat 6.1?
> Which driver do I use to get good quality

Check www.picante.com.  It lists the HP 882C as being perfect, but I
really dont understand the rest of it.
Pete Koerner

Post by Grant Taylo » Sat, 29 Jan 2000 04:00:00

>> is anyone using an HP Deskjet 882C?  Is it easy to setup in Redhat 6.1?
>> Which driver do I use to get good quality
> Check www.picante.com.  It lists the HP 882C as being perfect, but I
> really dont understand the rest of it.

The best driver for the 882 is the cdj880 driver by Matt Gelhaus:
http://www.proaxis.com/~mgelhaus/linux/software/hp880c/hp880c.html

--

 Linux Printing HOWTO:  http://www.picante.com/~gtaylor/pht/

deskjet 882c and Mandrake 6.1?

Post by btmagi » Sat, 29 Jan 2000 04:00:00

I tried all this stuff, including getting the driver,
apsfilter and ghostscript source for compilation. Never got
it to work, mainly because I do not know how to install the
whole mess - the references do not tell you and it is not
intuitive(to me!) Anyone know how to do this?

1. HP Deskjet 882C in RH 6.1

I've been having trouble in getting the auto-detect to detect any lpX
devices--so I can't get anything to print in WordPerfect or anything at
all.  I know the 882C isn't a winprinter, it uses PCL3, and a search of
dejanews didn't turn up with anything useful.  Can anyone point me in
the right direction to get the printer set up correctly?

I did turn on the parallel port support options in the kernel config,
and the parport module is running, as is the lp module.

Thanks.

Michael Huang

2. reverse telnet termio

3. HP Deskjet 722C and New HP Deskjet 882C (PC World 4/99)

4. Toolpack on an HP-UX

5. Mandrake 6.1 and HP DeskJet 720C

6. Newbie Questions

7. Star Office 6.1 on Mandrake 6.1

8. xdvi won't show anything?

9. RH 6.1 and Mandrake 6.1 Freeze on Install

10. Binaries of KDE2 for SuSe 6.3, Redhat 6.1 and Mandrake 6.1

11. Configuring parallel port to access an HP Deskjet 882C via CUPS on Red Hat 6.0?

12. Printing via Samba to HP Deskjet 882c on Windows 2000 RC2...

13. HP DeskJet 832C printer in RedHat Linux 6.1