TMC-885 & Toshiba TXM-3201A1

Post by Dan Tayso » Sat, 08 Jun 1996 04:00:00

I've been trying to install LINUX from CD-ROM (both the Slackware &
Yggdrasil distributions) without much luck.  The TMC-885 has the 950 chip
which is supposed to be supported, but neither version is able to
recognize it automatically.

The Yggdrasil dist. will recognize it if I explicitly tell it where to
look and it will see a harddisk on it but not the CD-ROM.  If I try
booting from DOS and doing RUNLINUX from the CD (using DOS's mscdex as
suggested) it starts to load the REBOOTS the PC!

I'm guessing I have 2 problems:
1) There's something funny about the Future Domain TMC-885.
2) The Toshiba CD-ROM drive (TXM-3201A1 is a 1x drive circa 1991) itself
is not supported.

Anyone used either or both of these w/o problems?

Thanks,

Dan Taysom

[...]

Post by Christophe Perso » Thu, 20 Jun 1996 04:00:00

As soon as you put an ethernet card that autoprobe its IRQ (like 3c509)
it puts the mess with the TMC-950.

I had to put an old 3c503 to work around this problem.

I also HAD TO put the parameters for LILO boot

  tmc8xx=0xfc00,11 ether=5,0x300,eth0

Now I have a problem with fdisk not working with /dev/sda (???)
even if the boot messages list shows 1 scsi device detected fine.

Some days are like that...

Christophe Person
http://dirac.bcm.tmc.edu/

1. Future Domain TMC-885 Scsi controller

I'm trying to load RH5.1 onto an old computer I have at work that has a Future
Domain TMC-885 scsi controller.  I have selected the TMC-885 at the install
prompt but it fails to recognize it.

The only information I can get on the card says that it has a bios jumper to
set it's address (CA00) and an IRQ jumper. I can't figure out what the io port
address is.

The bios sees this card at boot and the 'puter currently is runnig DOS.

Any Ideas what the IO port is?

Also, how do I feed this into the RH installation options question?

i.e.
TMC885=CA00,15
base_addr=0xca00

TIA!

--

2. Ultra5 external SCSI booting problems

3. Future Domain TMC-885 and ISC Unix 2.0.2/2.2 ?

4. Fonts and Display are too large Help!

5. Future Domain SCSI TMC-885 card

6. Trident TGUI9660 and XFREE3.2

7. FreeBSD with Future Domain TMC-885?

8. named setup HELP

9. Future Domain SCSI TMC-885

10. SysV Rel 3.2 and Rel 4 drivers for tmc 885

11. FD 885 & Segate 2.2 gig.HELP!

12. Linux installation in SONY VAIO PCG-885.

13. 2.4.2-pre4 - kernel BUG at inode.c:885!