#9FX Motions Graphics Accelerator and AWE32 Sound Card

#9FX Motions Graphics Accelerator and AWE32 Sound Card

Post by Peter Memo » Tue, 07 Nov 1995 04:00:00

Does anybody know if a #9FX 128 bit Motion Graphics Accelerator and an AWE32
sound card will work with Linux.  I am looking to purchase a DELL P133 with
32MB Ram and a 6x CD-ROM and I just wanted to know if I will have any problems
before I jump in.

Thanks in advance

Post by Michael Hol » Tue, 07 Nov 1995 04:00:00

>Does anybody know if a #9FX 128 bit Motion Graphics Accelerator and an AWE32
>sound card will work with Linux.  I am looking to purchase a DELL P133 with
>32MB Ram and a 6x CD-ROM and I just wanted to know if I will have any problems
>before I jump in.

<snip>

   I too, am getting a new PC with the Imagine 128 card.  I did a
little looking around, and all I got was "a driver for the Imagine 128
is being developed..."

   You might check out "Accelerated X" which is a commercial X server,
which purportedly works with cards not normally supported under Linux.

Michael Holve