Lucky Star 51-VX1 motherboard with Linux

Lucky Star 51-VX1 motherboard with Linux

Post by Rick L » Sat, 14 Sep 1996 04:00:00

Hi there, I am looking a purchasing a system
with a Lucky Star 51-VX1 motherboard
256k/512k coast cache, VX chipset
.... other standard feature etc.

Does anyone have any experience with this motherboard?
I read other post about "dumb" motherboards not caching

Quote:> 16mb etc. and other misc things....so I didn't want

to put my foot into a pile of s...

any info is appreciated !!!

--
The wealth of reality, cannot be seen from your locality.

1. Trouble with Star Office 51

I just installed StarOffice 5.1 from Sun's new CD, and, as instructed, I
first installed the "Network" version as root with the /net option into a
/root/Office51 directory (which was the default setting in the install
dialog box). Then, again as instructed, I loged in as ____ instead and tried
to install the "user" version. But the first thing I'm supposed to do is cd
to /root/Office51, and --guess what-- You can't cd to root as a User!!! So
what do I do now? I have a small hard drive so I'm gonna have to
uninstall it and then reinstall it into a directory that's accessible from
users. So my questions are:
1. How do I uninstall it?
2. What directroy SHOULD I put it in? In the user install section of the
setup PDF, it says "cd to the directory where you installed Star Office,
probably /opt/Office51/bin", but I don't have an /opt directory. Should I
make one?

By the way, I'm using Mandrake 6.0

Thanks in advance,
  JW

2. hda errors?

3. lucky star 5v-1a m/b: looking for manual

4. Routing Problems, Please Help.

5. Athlon 700 + Lucky Star K7VA133

6. Newbie: Soundscape VIVO IRQ; Redhat 6.1

7. Celeron 400 + Lucky Star 693 + 13,6 WD Problem?

8. dhcpd complaining... why?

9. Lucky-Star 6V693 mainboard USB header pinout

10. IP protocols 50/51 through ip masquerading linux box ?

11. Installing Linux over Windows NT3.51

12. Red Hat Sparc Linux on a Sparc 10/51

13. Linux-1.2.13 & NT-3.51 share partitions ... how?