Freecom CD-RW/DVD COMBO internal IDE

Post by Andrew Ellingto » Sat, 03 Mar 2001 02:54:30

Anyone know any reason why this drive wouldn't work with linux?

Haven't bought it yet and can't think of a reason why it wouldn't go but
since it's relatively new /slightly unusual drive just thought I'd ask.

AJ

Post by Tom Wals » Sat, 03 Mar 2001 12:10:39

> Anyone know any reason why this drive wouldn't work with linux?

> Haven't bought it yet and can't think of a reason why it wouldn't go but
> since it's relatively new /slightly unusual drive just thought I'd ask.

> AJ

Look here:
'http://www.veryComputer.com/

Then here: 'http://www.veryComputer.com/#[5-1]'

Then seriously think about getting a SCSI controller, like a cheap-o
Adaptec 1540, then shell out $175 for a Yamaha 8424S drive (works very
well for me).  All-in-all, I don't regret the money I have spent on a
decent SCSI setup (two IBM Ultra160 18G drives, HP SureStore 2000 tape
drive, and the Yamaha CDRW), two things you can say about SCSI: fast,
reliable!

Regards,

TomW

'www.openhardware.net', 'www.*iansoftware.com'