linux sometimes DOES and sometimes DOESN'T power off on shutdown

linux sometimes DOES and sometimes DOESN'T power off on shutdown

Post by ouaou inc » Thu, 27 May 1999 04:00:00

I made kernel 2.2.x power off my box on adding the -p arg to halt in the
rc file (runlevel 0 or 6). Good.
But sometimes, usually after a long uptime, the box just reboots instead
of power off. If I try again after a reboot, it works well. :/

Looks like something corrupts the machine_off() function or something
during the long uptime (a day or so).

Prior to bother the maintainer with this, I just would like to know if I
am the only unlucky or not. =)

Is the overclocking faulty?

I know that I must make some more tests (not overclocking, add some
printk in the kernel apm functions, ...).

--
ouaou! fait le ouaou.