Trident 9750 4MB Ok?

Post by Christopher R. Carle » Wed, 19 Jul 2000 04:00:00

Hi:

I have checked Xfree86.org's site, and it seems this video card is good
with 3.3.6

I am wondering if anyone has any comments about it.  Can you run 16bpp?
Performance Ok?

Thanks.
--
_______________________
Christopher R. Carlen

Trident 9750 4MB Ok?

Post by cr?s » Thu, 20 Jul 2000 04:00:00

Please drop me a line if it works.
Thanks
cr?sh

Quote:> Hi:

> I have checked Xfree86.org's site, and it seems this video card is good
> with 3.3.6

> I am wondering if anyone has any comments about it.  Can you run 16bpp?
> Performance Ok?

> Thanks.
> --
> _______________________
> Christopher R. Carlen
> Sr. Laser/Optical Tech.
> Sandia National Labs

Trident 9750 4MB Ok?

Post by Stefan Viljoe » Thu, 20 Jul 2000 04:00:00

Quote:> Hi:

> I have checked Xfree86.org's site, and it seems this video card is good
> with 3.3.6

> I am wondering if anyone has any comments about it.  Can you run 16bpp?
> Performance Ok?

Nope - it definitely does not work "plain vanilla" - apparently requires
LOTS of tweaking in config files. Mine refuses to do 640x480 with ANY window
manager I have been able to find - it does load X (just the desktop where
you have to exit with CTRL-ALT-BACKSPACE, but a WM? Nope!

I have a 3DImage 975 AGP with 4 meg of RAM.

http://home.intekom.com/rylan/

Trident 9750 4MB Ok?

Post by Christopher R. Carle » Thu, 20 Jul 2000 04:00:00

> Please drop me a line if it works.
> Thanks
> cr?sh

Well, I don't plan on buying it unless I hear it works well.

_______________________
Christopher R. Carlen
Sr. Laser/Optical Tech.
Sandia National Labs

1. Trident 9750 AGP 4MB on Linux

Hi,

I have a Trident 9750 AGP/PCI 4MB Video Card and i am running red hat
linux. now, i cant seem to change the resolution from 640X480 to some
decent higher resolution. can u please suggest what i should do or suggest
a different version of linux to install so i can get about 800X600 or
1024X768(which i am currently running on windows 98).

please, this is the only reason i am not using linux. please help

2. Apache Handling of Non-Existent Logfile Directories

3. mouse probs in x

4. Trident 9750 4mb Video card

5. Q: DFI brand mother boards

6. Trident 9750 AGP 4MB on Linux

7. SPARC v9 memory model

8. Trident AGP 9750 3D setup ??

9. Trident 3D 9750

10. Arrrgh! -- Trident 3DImage 9750 Card with XWindows.

11. Trident 9750/9850 question second try

12. Trident 3DImage 9750 AGP...