Can Bluetooth co-exist with Linux and Asus motherboard?

Can Bluetooth co-exist with Linux and Asus motherboard?

Post by Repo Ma » Fri, 07 Mar 2003 01:26:38

I am trying to get Bluetooth to play nicely with the combination of
Redhat Linux 8.0 and an Asus A7N266-VM motherboard. The Bluetooth device
is a Belkin model F8T001 Bluetooth USB adapter. The version of Redhat is
up-to-the-minute using kernel version 2.4.18-26.8.0 just installed
today. The Asus A7N266-VM runs BIOS version 1.005 and contains an AMD
Athlon XP 1700+, 2x256 Mbytes PC2100 DDR RAM, and a 40 Gbyte Seagate
Barracuda HD.

The symptoms seem to indicate something severly wrong with either the
USB or Bluetooth configurations. If I plug in the BT adapter while the
PC is running, the system freezes and requires a hard reset to clear it.
If the BT adapter is plugged in while the PC is booting, the boot
process halts after the point USB devices are initialized and prior to
the point where file systems are checked. A hard reset is required to
clear it.

Has anyone tried or succeeded at getting Bluetooth to function in a
similar setup? So far Google searches of newsgroups and web sites have
not turned up anything useful.

1. Can Bluetooth co-exist with Linux & Asus motherboard?

[...]

2. IGRP for solaris

3. Can Bluetooth co-exist with Linux and contemporary motherboard?

4. Fonts & Windows 2x too small

5. Will IDE drives co-exist with MFM drives under Linux?

6. AccelX v2.1 problem explained!!!

7. Can Linux co-exist with WinNT server/client

8. Enabling Source Routing on Solaris/X86

9. Can Linux and Stealth 64 DRAM Video Card co-exist?

10. Can Warp and Linux co-exist on the same HD?

11. Can Plan 9 co-exist with Linux, Windows, BeOS, Inferno, QNX, etc?

12. Linux/SCO/WinNT/DOS co-exist?

13. Can Linux and FreeBSD co-exist?