KVM Switch

Post by phwashing.. » Wed, 14 Jun 2006 13:28:27

I have or had a Belkin Omniview PRO 4-port KVM switch.  I got a new LCD
monitor and everything appeared to be working fine and now I can't seem
to get any video through it.
Anyway there was definitely a problem before going through this box.
Resolution wasn't very good and quality appeared to diminish quite a
bit.
I don't think this was a PRO-2.
But I am currently looking for another KVM switch that will handle at

prefer Hot key switching.
I believe that what I also want is mouse and keyboard emulation so that
I don't have problems when I switch.
Is there a big difference in LCD and CRT monitor signals ?   Does LCD
cause more problems with KVM switches?

KVM Switch

Post by bobmc » Thu, 15 Jun 2006 02:28:52

> I have or had a Belkin Omniview PRO 4-port KVM switch.  I got a new LCD
> monitor and everything appeared to be working fine and now I can't seem
> to get any video through it.
> Anyway there was definitely a problem before going through this box.
> Resolution wasn't very good and quality appeared to diminish quite a
> bit.
> I don't think this was a PRO-2.
> But I am currently looking for another KVM switch that will handle at

> prefer Hot key switching.
> I believe that what I also want is mouse and keyboard emulation so that
> I don't have problems when I switch.
> Is there a big difference in LCD and CRT monitor signals ?   Does LCD
> cause more problems with KVM switches?

I've switched to using the KVM's from Star-Tech (<$49 for 4-port) which work
well with any server/desktop/Linux/Windows that I plug into it).  Also,
they have combo cables that on the PC end have the DB15 and a small
pig-tail for the KBD and Mouse but only a DB15 on the KVM end to reduce
cable clutter.  Various lengths are available quite inexpensively 2', 4' 6'
10' etc.  Check with pcconnection.com for the SV411K.

these devices.

Good luck.

1. Need a DVI KVM Switch that actually works

I have a Suse 9.0 box and a Windows XP Pro box that need to share a DVI
LCD.

I currently have a Belkin RGB KVM (SOHO) but am ready to throw it out
the window anyway as I lose the mouse when switching channels, so I
might as well get a DVI.

Anyone have any reccommendations?

2. flock-implementation on fcntl ?

3. USB KVM switch?

4. How to find and/or add new packages? Soloaris 9 x86

5. KVM switch and wheel mouse

6. X and Slackware 1.0.3?

7. pc locks up when ps2 mouse is removed [via KVM switch]

8. Upgrading to egcs-1.0.3/gcc-5.4.44

9. KVM switches not good for monitors

10. KVM switch with USB for Sun Blade, PC's with Sun Type6?

11. Solaris x86 and Cybex KVM switch incompatible?

12. IOGEAR kvm switch problem

13. Mouse Problems With KVM Switches