Multisession CDRoms

Post by Daniel Try » Wed, 06 Nov 1996 04:00:00

A couple of days ago I appended a second session to one of my
CD-Recordables. Everything was accesible in dos. When I mounted this disk
with Linux I noticed that only the first session was visible.

After taking a look at the sr.c, the cdrom is a Toshiba 5401 scsi-2 on a
ncr810, I noticed that according to the comments in the .c file that Toshiba
should support multisession.

After turning on the debug in sr.c I saw that the driver recognized the cd
as a multisession disk but it just doesn't set the density correctly. The
disk contains 2 sessions (after it was finalized) and each session contains
1 iso9660 image. Is there a way to force sr.c to recognize the second
session? Does the multisession part of sr.c support non photocds? Or does
this problem only occur with recordables?

--

1. Multisession CDROM - how to access?

Hi,

What's the correct way to access a CDROM with multiple session
("multisessin-CDROM")?

The problem: I've got a Plextor PX-8XCS (8-x SCSI CDROM) where the
drive supports multiple sessions. However I can't get the multisession
stuff to work. When I mount the CD, either automatically upon boot
from the entry in /etc/fstab or manually via mount I only see the
first session.

My entry in /etc/fstab looks like this:

/dev/scd0       /cdrom  iso9660         ro

Is there any way to access the second and following sessions? (All of
the sessions on the CD are data of course)

For your reference: I'm running Linux Slackware, Kernel 2.0.27.

Thanks much in advance for your help,
-ewald

--

Vienna University Computer Center  |
Universitaetsstrasse 7             |  Tel: (+43 1) 406-58-22 x251  Fax x170

2. PPP with 3Com Impact IQ

3. Q: FreeBSD 2.2.2 cannot read multisession cdroms?

4. Installing Snacc 1.3 on Solaris2.5.1

5. Linux Fails to mount my multisession CDROM, yet windows can, Why!?!

6. kvt missing from kdebase-1.1.1-1.i386.rpm

7. problems with multisession CDROM on IDE drive

8. Ref Manual

9. Does OpenBSD support multisession CDROM?

10. Mounting a multisession CDROM?

11. Problem mounting multisession CDROM

12. can't read second track of multisession cdrom

13. Linux cannot mount my MULTISESSION CDROM, WINDOW CAN!! ????