USRobotics 56K Voice ISA under Mandrake 6.0

USRobotics 56K Voice ISA under Mandrake 6.0

Post by Max Schlubac » Thu, 14 Oct 1999 04:00:00

Help!!!!
I *really* need to get my UsRobotics 56K Voice ISA working soon! I have

help!

thanks,
max

                      http://www.help.com/

Post by pete » Fri, 15 Oct 1999 04:00:00

> Help!!!!
> I *really* need to get my UsRobotics 56K Voice ISA working soon! I have

> help!

> thanks,
> max

>                       http://www.help.com/

I may have the same modem you have.An Internal USR Voice Winmodem, and
no Winmodem will work with Linux   : (

Sorry,
Try the Supra Express 56K External, Its Great with Linux!
Pete

Post by Digital Carna » Sat, 16 Oct 1999 04:00:00

>Help!!!!
>I *really* need to get my UsRobotics 56K Voice ISA working soon! I have

>help!

>thanks,
>max

Go to USR's site and read through their documentation on setting up the
jumpers so that it has a predefined IRQ setting and COM port setting. It
is by default PnP IIRC. After all that done, should you have anymore
troubles, well... either you're not looking in the right place for the
modem or you have a dreaded winodem.
Alternatively, I think there's soomething called pnptools or something
like that.
-dc