TRIDENT 9680(TGUI 9680)

Post by C. S. Alle » Mon, 04 Nov 1996 04:00:00

d/l Xfree 3.2

>Does anyone know where one may find a patch for the TGUI 9680-PCI. I've
>tried the Linux Documentation Project,but had no success.
>Any help would be greatly appreciated...
>--
>Alfred E. Green
>"We must sacrifice for the best and the best is yet to come"

>http://www.scri.fsu.edu/~agreen/fmrl
>PERSONAL
>http://www.eng.fsu.edu/~green

C. S. Allert

TRIDENT 9680(TGUI 9680)

Post by Jorge J. Vil » Mon, 04 Nov 1996 04:00:00

> Does anyone know where one may find a patch for the TGUI 9680-PCI. I've
> tried the Linux Documentation Project,but had no success.

> Any help would be greatly appreciated...
> --
> Alfred E. Green

> "We must sacrifice for the best and the best is yet to come"

> http://www.scri.fsu.edu/~agreen/fmrl
> PERSONAL
> http://www.eng.fsu.edu/~green

You need to get the beta "G" version of XFree86

1. Trident TGUI 9680-PCI Problem.

[ Article crossposted from comp.windows.x.i386unix,comp.unix.freebsd.misc ]
[ Author was David May ]
[ Posted on 26 Apr 1997 09:56:09 GMT ]

My video card is a Trident TGUI 9680-PCI card with 2Mb VRAM.
I installed XFree86 3.12G BETA on my FreeBSD 2.1.7 system some months ago
and it worked perfectly.  When the software beta test time limit expired
I was forced to upgrade to XFree86 3.2. Since then I have experienced bad
flickering in the highest resolution mode (1024 x 768). No flickering
occurs at lower resolutions. I have been using the same XF86Config file
for both versions of XFree86. I have tried setting various options
(slow_dram, tgui_pci_write_off, ...) without success. I have also tried a
more recent beta version of XF86_SVGA 3.2A but this also had problems (a
blank display).

Does anybody know of a way to fix this problem? Could I somehow remove the
time limit in the old 3.12G beta driver and use that?

--

                phone: +61 41 216 8967

--

                phone: +61 41 216 8967

2. Ipwfadm and Linux kernel 2.2.x

3. XFREE86 3.3.1 w/Trident TGUI 9680

4. process attached to executable?

5. Which server to use with the Trident TGUI 9680 card

6. PREROUTING

7. Gettin X working with a Trident TGUI 9680 on AlphaPC164

8. NetBSD 1.3.2 for sun3x

9. Trident TGUI 9680 W/XFree 86

10. X under trident TGUI 9680

11. XF86Config for a Trident tgui 9680?

12. forget about Trident TGUI 9680!

13. XF86 3.2A + TGUI 9680 = disaster. How come?