Preferred Linux Hardware RAID stripe solution?

Post by Nick McGrog » Mon, 24 May 1999 04:00:00

>I work for dell server support...

In which case...  Perhaps you could confirm the exact identity of the
PERC2 that comes with your 6300 family of servers...?  And do you know
if it's supported under Linux?

Nick.

1. RAID hardware solution for Linux?

I am looking for a RAID hardware solution for a Linux server.
I want to do RAID-0 (striping) for the news-spool, and RAID-1
(mirroring) for the root-partition. I have an Adaptec 2940
SCSI-controller that I want to use, so I guess I need a two-
channel SCSI-SCSI RAID-controller? I would very much appreciate
it if someone could tell me what hardware I need to do this, or
if there is another (better) solution.

Kind regards,

Mattias Nyholm
System Administrator
Rudbecksskolan, Sweden

2. FastCGI: How do you setup a filter?

3. Linux compatible Hardware RAID solutions?

4. GnuPG 1.0.6 on Power, AIX4.3.3

5. Hardware Raid Solution

6. sendmail

7. Hardware RAID solutions

8. Mach 64 1280x1024

9. Hardware RAID solution from Sun

10. Hardware RAID solutions for Solaris Servers...

11. Linux software RAID vs. hardware RAID

12. Rescuing data from a hardware RAID, using Linux software RAID.

13. Linux RAID/STRIPE SET INFO PLEASE