Lost partition table:help!

Post by Mario Giammarc » Mon, 04 May 1998 04:00:00

I hope this is not OT; I have lost the partition table of a scsi hard disk
containing two linux partitions (ext2 and swap); how can I find the
beginning and the end of the above and how can I reinsert them into the
partition table?

Thank You in advance for any help, please if You can reply me in the

Mario Giammarco

Lost partition table:help!

Post by Walter Hofman » Mon, 04 May 1998 04:00:00

> I hope this is not OT; I have lost the partition table of a scsi hard disk
> containing two linux partitions (ext2 and swap); how can I find the
> beginning and the end of the above and how can I reinsert them into the
> partition table?

If your ext2 partition is the first on the disk, then you could just use
the
Linux fdisk program and create a Partition spamnning the whole disk--this
should
work well enough to backup all your data. Your swap-partition does not
contain
important data anyway. (do NOT use the dos fdisk program!)
However, if you want to get the beginning of the swap space, you could
search
for the string "SWAP-SPACE", but it might be at multiple positions on your
hd.

Walter

> Thank You in advance for any help, please if You can reply me in the

> Mario Giammarco

1. Lost partition table:help!

I hope this is not OT; I have lost the partition table of a scsi hard disk
containing two linux partitions (ext2 and swap); how can I find the
beginning and the end of the above and how can I reinsert them into the
partition table?

Thank You in advance for any help, please if You can reply me in the

Mario Giammarco

2. live chat util

3. video ram adress - set6x86

4. Lost Partition Table [HELP!]

5. Comments on ShareTheNet?

6. help - please urgent help needed to get back the lost or corrupted partition table

7. P150 & EDO + cache : advice needed !

8. Lost Partition Table/How to find partition boundaries

9. HELP - LOST LINUX TO PARTITION TABLE WIPEOUT!!

10. HELP!! - LOST LINUX TO PARTITION TABLE WIPEOUT

11. Please help with lost partition table !!!

12. NEED HELP, lost partition table