Linux's compatibility on Paradise Video card..

Linux's compatibility on Paradise Video card..

Post by Sae Jin Pa » Sat, 29 Jun 1996 04:00:00

Hi...

I would like to find out if the "Paradise" video card ...which model number

is "PVGA1A-JK" is compatible with the Linux???  Can I run Xwindows on it???

TIA

1. Video Card (Tseng 4000/W32i) compatibility and other compatibility questions

I am purchasing a new PC and I am hoping to Run Linux with
XFree on it.

I have looked at the FAQs to try and determine if my video card will
be compatible.  I had heard to stay away from Diamond cards becasue
there are come problems with them.

Well, I could not find video cards listed in the FAQ hardware howto that
I found.  This seemd very odd to me.

Well, I am looking at two different systems.
Using two different cards.

   1.   One uses the ATI Graphics Ultra Pro
        which is based on the mach32 chip

   2.   The other uses a card based on the Tseng 4000/W32i chip.

I am probably getting the second of these.

Has anybody got Linux and Xfree working with either of these cards
or know where I can find this information in the FAQ's?

Also, in general, do I need to worry about checking every component
of my system for compatibility?  Do  most components work with
linux and Xfree?

Thanks for the info.

Dan Clancy

2. system hangs 4am every day

3. Paradise VLB WD90C31 card: What is the video card?

4. Login as root via Telnet

5. Hardware compatibility: Paradise Accelerator Card for Windows?

6. Triboot. MacOS 9 , Mac OS X and Linux

7. Video card problem: Paradise Bali 32

8. Linux article in "Technolog", and a New Mosaic Info Server

9. Is a Paradise Bahamas 64 video card worth it?

10. Driver for Paradise "Hawaii" video card

11. Help: Paradise Bali32 Video Card!!!

12. Support for Paradise Pipeline Video Card????

13. Support for Paradise Pipeline 64 Video Card