newbie needing help to mount his floppy

Post by Luke Redmon » Thu, 03 Dec 1998 04:00:00

Have just installed Red Hat 5.2 and cannot seem to mount floppy drive.  CD
rom was installed OK.

I continue to receive the line "mount: /dev/fd0 is not a valid block device"
when trying to mount the device with the command: "mount -t minix /dev/fd0
/mnt/floppy"

The fix may be obvious, but i wouldn't have the faintest...

i hope someone can help !?

Luke

1. newbie needs help mounting an LS-120 floppy drive (and more) to REDHAT 4.1

Hi,

I am new to linux and have just finished installing REDHAT 4.1 on my
system.

I have an LS-120 floppy drive (3.5" uhd / IDE / 120mb) in my system and
can not figure out how to get linux to recognise it.

In the boot sequence Linux ID's it as hdb and says it is an LS-120 cosm
mode2 floppy drive, but i get errors when I do a mount /dev/hdb /mnt/fdd
(/dev/hdb - because thats what it calls it, /mnt/fdd - because this is
the directory I want it to appear in)

I would appreciate any help you could give me, I don't know if i need a
special driver, or if a am not setting it up right.

Also I have:
    adaptec ava1505/1515 SCSI card
    SCSI CD-R panasonic CR-7501b
    Soundblaster 16 PnP CT2980

I have been told I will need to recompile my kernel to include drivers
for them once I find and download them but I cant find them on the net.

please reply by E-mail as my isp has problems with incoming news groups
and I cant be sure I will get a responce via the news group.

PLEASE HELP..

--

      -=< TeZ >=-

2. Questions about Linux and MIDI

3. floppy drive setup (Newbie needs help, help!!)

4. SQUID and ASP?

5. Mount a floppy,Cdrom etc...I'm newbies Help !!!

6. Problem with serial port

7. Mount a floppy, Cdrom etc...I'm newbies...Help!!!!

8. Gdb error

9. Help needed mounting a floppy

10. need help for mounting floppy

11. Need help mounting floppy

12. need help on floppy mounting and ethernet connection!!!!

13. Need help mounting CD-ROM and floppy drive.