Zip drive?

Post by Vladimir Sinitsy » Mon, 28 Sep 1998 04:00:00

Which kind - external or internal, SCSI or ATAPI or IDE or Parallel Port?
There are different ways of installing a different model, but AFAIK all
models can be used under Linux.

-Vladimir

    Is it posible to install a 100mb zip drive under Linux?  If it is, could
someone direct me to some documentation on how this is done?

--
A procession of the damned.
By the damned, I mean the excluded.

Zip drive?

Post by Daniel Connell » Tue, 29 Sep 1998 04:00:00

Is it posible to install a 100mb zip drive under Linux?  If it is, could
someone direct me to some documentation on how this is done?

--
A procession of the damned.
By the damned, I mean the excluded.
We shall have a procession of data
that Science has excluded.
Charles Fort,"The Book of the Damned"

1. HELP: IDE ZIP drive and Red hat, cannot access Zip drive

Hi Linux friends,

I have a IDE ZIPdrive and want to use it under Linux
Currently I have Redhat 4.1 installed.

During start-up it finds my IDE zip at /dev/hdc (/dev/hdb
is my IDE cdrom), however any attempt to mount a disk or to access with
mtools failed. Mtools gives me a read error, with obscure messages like
hdc: packect command error: status=0x51 error=0x50.... (sigh)

Do I have to upgrade to Redhat 5.0. I read somewhere that it might work.
Does anybody has more experience with this matter and hence could
anybody give me some valuable advice, before I run to the store and buy
redhat 5.0 or get myself a scsi ZIP drive.

Thanx guys,

Hans Kramer

2. XTERM PROBLEM : I BECOME DESPERATE !!

3. Zip Zoom Cards & Zip Drives

4. linux 1.1.0 available now

5. Zip temp FAQ: Linux Zip drive

6. Phillips Rhythmic Edge Modules

7. Minimal SLIP configuration?

8. ZIP drives ain't zipping

9. Zip temp FAQ: Linux Zip drive

10. Zip drive w/ Zip Zoom card

11. Iomega ZIP parallel zip drive under red hat linux 6.0 problem solved

12. ATAPI Zip in Linux (Was Re: ZIP drive parameters)