CD-RW/DVD Combo

Post by Stephen Schrode » Sun, 08 Jun 2003 17:22:06

Does anybody know of a combo drive supported by Linux, especially Debian?

Steve

CD-RW/DVD Combo

Post by John-Paul Stewar » Mon, 09 Jun 2003 00:04:46

> Does anybody know of a combo drive supported by Linux, especially Debian?

Did you have a specific model in mind?  If so, do a Google search on its
name + Linux.

In general, I can't see any reason why any standard IDE or SCSI drive
would be a problem.  They all should just work.  Firewire and USB drives
probably would, too, although that might be trickier to set up.

CD-RW/DVD Combo

Post by M?ns Rullg? » Mon, 09 Jun 2003 06:03:45

> Does anybody know of a combo drive supported by Linux, especially Debian?

I'm using a Samsung SM-332.  There are faster models available now.

--
M?ns Rullg?rd

CD-RW/DVD Combo

Post by Dances With Crow » Mon, 09 Jun 2003 08:33:44

On Sat, 07 Jun 2003 11:04:46 -0400, John-Paul Stewart staggered into the
Black Sun and said:

>> Does anybody know of a combo drive supported by Linux, especially
>> Debian?
> In general, I can't see any reason why any standard IDE or SCSI drive
> would be a problem.  They all should just work.

What he said.

Quote:> Firewire and USB drives probably would, too, although that might be
> trickier to set up.

Not really.  USB:

modprobe usb-ohci (or usb-uhci, depending on motherboard chipset)
modprobe ehci-hcd (if this is a USB2 device)
modprobe usb-storage
modprobe sg

Firewire:

modprobe ohci1394
modprobe sbp2
modprobe sg

Brainbench MVP for Linux Admin /

CD-RW/DVD Combo

Post by Frank Mil » Mon, 09 Jun 2003 21:48:14

>Does anybody know of a combo drive supported by Linux, especially Debian?

The Panasonic LF-D521 supports DVD-RAM, DVD-R, CD-RW, ...   Works fine
w/ Debian.

        -frank
--

CD-RW/DVD Combo

Post by Peter D » Mon, 09 Jun 2003 17:24:27

> Does anybody know of a combo drive supported by Linux, especially
> Debian?

> Steve

My Samsung SM-348 seems OK for data (haven't tried movies) under
Mandrake 9.1.

--
Sig goes here...
Peter D.

CD-RW/DVD Combo

Post by M?ns Rullg? » Thu, 12 Jun 2003 16:26:01

> > Does anybody know of a combo drive supported by Linux, especially
> > Debian?

> > Steve

> My Samsung SM-348 seems OK for data (haven't tried movies) under
> Mandrake 9.1.

Samsung SM-332 is more or less the same drive.  It works fine with
movies and libdvdcss.

--
M?ns Rullg?rd

1. Query good/bad experiences with CD-RW/DVD Combo Internal IDE drives

Hello,

Does anybody have any very good or very bad experiences using CD-RW/DVD
Combo Internal IDE drives on Linux?  (E.g. hardware compatibility /
drivers / support ... etc)

Particular models of interest to me are:
Samsung SM-352B
Sony CRX-300A

TIA,
nsb.

2. Debian: major differences from red hat and using unstable

3. Freecom CD-RW/DVD COMBO internal IDE

4. A Hacker??

5. DVD/CD-RW Combo + notebook

6. probs httpd start

7. DVD/CD-RW combo support?

8. How do I this on Solaris with C++

9. Will the ThinkPad combo CD-RW/DVD drive work in Linux?

10. DVD SCSI burner, I want DVD+RW, DVD-RW, DVD-RAM

11. CD/DVD RW Combo drive

12. Sony DVD-RW/CD-RW drive problems

13. CD-RW or DVD(+-)RW?