Lexmark 5000/Diamond Supra Express 56i Pro

Lexmark 5000/Diamond Supra Express 56i Pro

Post by Dennis Pl?ge » Fri, 05 Nov 1999 04:00:00

Hi newsgroupsurfers!

I got the following problems:
I'm running the SuSE Linux 6.2 (could be a 2.2.x Kernel - one of the
latest (?!?!)) and I'd like to print something on my Lexmark 5000 and
I'd like to post newsgroup-messages under Linux and not under
WIN98(yuck), but I can't get my internal modem Diamond Supra Express 56i
Pro doing his job.
(Under Win98 it has serial #3, but Linux doesn't detect it under
wvdial.)

Can anybody PLEEAASE HELP ME??
(And don't post anything concerning reading newsgroup postings or faqs
or howtos- I've already done that!)

Bye,

Dennis

Lexmark 5000/Diamond Supra Express 56i Pro

Post by Michae » Sun, 07 Nov 1999 04:00:00

The modem may be a WinModem. If so, you're out of luck.  I have the
external version of what you have, works great.

At this sight there's a driver for a lexmark 7000 that's reported to
work on the 5000 too.   I think it's black and white only though.
http://*.fjfi.cvut.cz/~paluch/l7kdriver/

Quote:> I got the following problems:
> I'm running the SuSE Linux 6.2 (could be a 2.2.x Kernel - one of the
> latest (?!?!)) and I'd like to print something on my Lexmark 5000 and
> I'd like to post newsgroup-messages under Linux and not under
> WIN98(yuck), but I can't get my internal modem Diamond Supra Express
56i
> Pro doing his job.

Lexmark 5000/Diamond Supra Express 56i Pro

Post by Ken Moff » Sun, 07 Nov 1999 04:00:00

Quote:>At this sight there's a driver for a lexmark 7000 that's reported to=20
>work on the 5000 too.   I think it's black and white only though.
>http://*.fjfi.cvut.cz/~paluch/l7kdriver/

Anything about the Lexmark 3200?

Ken Moffat

Lexmark 5000/Diamond Supra Express 56i Pro

Post by Michae » Mon, 08 Nov 1999 04:00:00

Quote:> Anything about the Lexmark 3200?

Supposedly that's being worked on.

Post by Dan Oglesb » Mon, 08 Nov 1999 04:00:00

> Hi newsgroupsurfers!

> I got the following problems:
> I'm running the SuSE Linux 6.2 (could be a 2.2.x Kernel - one of the
> latest (?!?!)) and I'd like to print something on my Lexmark 5000 and
> I'd like to post newsgroup-messages under Linux and not under
> WIN98(yuck), but I can't get my internal modem Diamond Supra Express 56i
> Pro doing his job.
> (Under Win98 it has serial #3, but Linux doesn't detect it under
> wvdial.)

This is because that particular modem is a WinModem.  You need to get
different modem...

Quote:> Can anybody PLEEAASE HELP ME??
> (And don't post anything concerning reading newsgroup postings or faqs
> or howtos- I've already done that!)

Obviously not...  Otherwise you'd have realized that you could have had a
WinModem, and would have checked this.  The printer is a different matter, as
I don't have any experience with LexMark printers.

Danno

Lexmark 5000/Diamond Supra Express 56i Pro

Post by o.t » Mon, 08 Nov 1999 04:00:00

Quote:>Hi newsgroupsurfers!

>I got the following problems:
>I'm running the SuSE Linux 6.2 (could be a 2.2.x Kernel - one of the
>latest (?!?!)) and I'd like to print something on my Lexmark 5000 and
>I'd like to post newsgroup-messages under Linux and not under
>WIN98(yuck), but I can't get my internal modem Diamond Supra Express 56i
>Pro doing his job.
>(Under Win98 it has serial #3, but Linux doesn't detect it under
>wvdial.)

>Can anybody PLEEAASE HELP ME??
>(And don't post anything concerning reading newsgroup postings or faqs
>or howtos- I've already done that!)

Your modem is probably a winmodem, most of pci modems are.
Look here for more information:
http://www.o2.net/~gromitkc/winmodem.html

There's a driver for Lexmark 5000 here:
http://www.powerup.com.au/~pbwest/lexmark/lexmark.html

Lexmark 5000/Diamond Supra Express 56i Pro

Post by esc.. » Tue, 23 Nov 1999 04:00:00

I have that modem on a Linux Mandrake 6.0 system, and it was allways
busy so Idecided to mail Diamond. They told me it is a winmodem.

Quote:> Hi newsgroupsurfers!

> I got the following problems:
> I'm running the SuSE Linux 6.2 (could be a 2.2.x Kernel - one of the
> latest (?!?!)) and I'd like to print something on my Lexmark 5000 and
> I'd like to post newsgroup-messages under Linux and not under
> WIN98(yuck), but I can't get my internal modem Diamond Supra Express
56i
> Pro doing his job.
> (Under Win98 it has serial #3, but Linux doesn't detect it under
> wvdial.)

> Can anybody PLEEAASE HELP ME??
> (And don't post anything concerning reading newsgroup postings or faqs
> or howtos- I've already done that!)

> Bye,

> Dennis

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

Post by Grant Taylo » Tue, 23 Nov 1999 04:00:00

>> I'm running the SuSE Linux 6.2 (could be a 2.2.x Kernel - one of
>> the latest (?!?!)) and I'd like to print something on my Lexmark
>> 5000 [...]

As it says in the Printing HOWTO, the Lexmark 5000 is supported in
color and bw at 600 and 300dpi.  Use Peter West's driver, available
from http://www.powerup.com.au/~pbwest/lexmark/lexmark.html

Alternatively, Henryk's Lexmark 7000 driver supports the 5000
approximately as well.  See the Lexmark 7000 entry in the Printing
HOWTO's support database for more info on this (URL in my .sig below).

Quote:>> Can anybody PLEEAASE HELP ME??  (And don't post anything concerning
>> reading newsgroup postings or faqs or howtos- I've already done
>> that!)

Hmm.

--

 Linux Printing HOWTO:  http://www.picante.com/~gtaylor/pht/

1. Is my Diamond Supra Express 56i V Pro PCI modem Linux compatible?

Hi,

Can someone please tell me if my Diamond SupraExpress 56i V Pro PCI modem is
Linux compatible?

If so, how do I get it to be recognised correctly? Whenever kppp tries ot
startit always says the modem is busy.

Any help would be appreeciated - preferably via email

2. Mailing List For Brief/Crisp/Grief editor users

3. Diamond Supra Express 56i PRO Pci modem

4. Screen Saver For Solaris

5. Diamond Supra Express 56i SP PC Modem

6. Trouble getting Linux to see RT314 router

7. Diamond Supra Express 56i Modem

8. ipv6

9. Diamond Supra Express 56i Sp Compatible?

10. Supra Express 56i (internal ISA modem card)

11. Modem Diamond Multimedia Supra PCI 56i - winmodem or not?

12. Linux and Diamond Supra 56i pnp