Epox D3VA Dual proc Motherboard

Post by Trevor Jenkin » Sun, 02 Sep 2001 08:18:30

Local component stores around here seem to have lowish prices on the
EPOX D3VA dual-processor motherboard. (Lowish being about 2/3 the price
of other dual-proc boards.) Has anyone successfully used one of these
MBs or should I look to buy a more expensive one and save myself hassle
instead of money?

Regards, Trevor

British Sign Language is not inarticulate handwaving; it's a living
language.
Support the campaign for formal recognition by the British government
now!

--

<>< Re: deemed!

1. Got a VIA chipset SMP USB working great - Epox EP-D3VA motherboard

Just wanted to let folks know that this motherboard does work well
with my USB device (a Casio QV3000 with a IBM 340MB microdrive).
Thanks to all the folks who have posted in the last few months I
figured out that setting BIOS MPS option to 1.1 and using the append =
"noapic" option in lilo to the kernel is what does the trick.  I am
running the latest bios on the motherboard with Mandrake 8.1 (fully
patched).  Before making these changes, I was able to run it in
non-smp mode, but in smp mode I kept getting the -110 errors and the
interrupt count in /proc/interrupts never changed.

cheers,

ski

2. Synchronize Server Via DSL

3. Epox pp6-ns dual Pentium Pro motherboard

4. Sound

5. Free Motherboard from Motherboard HomeWorld & Epox

6. Setting Up Client

7. Epox EP-8RDA3+ motherboard

8. crash by send a message to a socket

9. Epox motherboard question...

10. EPOX MVP3C-M motherboard - accessing CPU temperature/fan speed

11. Epox EP-MVP3C motherboard locks up hard.

12. Epox Motherboards?

13. Kernel panic mounting ATAPI CD-RW in 2.4.x on Epox/Via motherboard