Driver for IBM ServeRAID RAID Card FRU70G8489?

Driver for IBM ServeRAID RAID Card FRU70G8489?

Post by Tom Burb » Fri, 09 Apr 1999 04:00:00

Is there a driver for IBM ServeRAID RAID Card FRU70G8489? I'm told it's a
Mylex with an IBM Label. TIA

                  http://www.searchlinux.com

Driver for IBM ServeRAID RAID Card FRU70G8489?

Post by Peter MacKa » Fri, 09 Apr 1999 04:00:00

You can try www.varesearch.com They sell systems with the Mylex DAC960
controller and one of their guy's supports the only known driver. I have one
of these myself but I have not yet attempted the installation. You might
want to wait for RedHat 6 because there are rumours that that version will
support the installation of the DAC960 driver. This is my game plan.

Post by Margus Rohtoj » Thu, 05 Aug 1999 04:00:00

> Is there a driver for IBM ServeRAID RAID Card FRU70G8489? I'm told it's a
> Mylex with an IBM Label. TIA

>                   http://www.searchlinux.com

No, it's not Mylex. Mylex DAC960 series cards use Intel i960 processor,
while ServeRAID controllers use PowerPC 403 processors. Not
compatible at all. Although, IBM was selling some Mylex cards couple of
years ago (they were called PCI RAID Adapter)- maybe that's why you were
told so.
ServeRAID drivers are in works, don't know about release dates yet.

                  http://www.searchlinux.com

Post by Mike Simo » Sat, 07 Aug 1999 04:00:00

> > Is there a driver for IBM ServeRAID RAID Card FRU70G8489? I'm told it's a
> > Mylex with an IBM Label. TIA

> >                   http://www.searchlinux.com

> No, it's not Mylex. Mylex DAC960 series cards use Intel i960 processor,
> while ServeRAID controllers use PowerPC 403 processors. Not
> compatible at all. Although, IBM was selling some Mylex cards couple of
> years ago (they were called PCI RAID Adapter)- maybe that's why you were
> told so.
> ServeRAID drivers are in works, don't know about release dates yet.

>                   http://www.searchlinux.com

Go to http://www.developer.ibm.com/welcome/netfinity/serveraid_beta.html
The drivers are beta so use at your own risk.

Mike

Post by Papy Memor » Tue, 10 Aug 1999 04:00:00

> Go to http://www.developer.ibm.com/welcome/netfinity/serveraid_beta.html
> The drivers are beta so use at your own risk.

        Any success in installing Linux on a Netfinity with
        ServeRaid-3H Ultra2 SCSI ? Here, we have tried hard
        without any success...

--