SCSI problem w/ CD-ROM & CD-RW

Post by Xavier Ney » Thu, 20 Apr 2000 04:00:00

I have the following problem:
I have an AHA-1520A scsi adapter (scsi id 7) and 3 devices:
A is a 2x Chinon CD-ROM (scsi id 1)
B is a 16x TEAC CD-ROM (scsi id 2)
W is a Yamaha 4416 CD-RW (scsi id 4)
I use Mandrake 7.0 distro

I cannot get Linux to detect W if either A or B are connected but W is
detected if it is the only device on the SCSI bus. A & B are both detected
with or without W. W is not listed during the boot process when linux checks
the devices attached to the scsi adapter and 'cdrecord -scanbus' does not
find anything more.
I used the line 'aha152x=0x140,10,7,1'
I tried all sorts of combination, like putting the adapter in the middle of
the scsi bus with B & W at both ends. Terminators and other jumpers have
been checked thoroughly and then changed in all thinkable combinations.
Strangely all these worked under Window$ 95
I could upgrade to a AHA-2904CD scsi adapter but how do I know if it will
solve this problem?

All help greatly appreciated,
Xavier.

1. SCSI CD-rw and cd-rom recommendation

I need to purchase a new scsi cd-rw and cd-rom.  8x/4x writes are fine
and read on the burner isn't that important.  I need a burner that can
do bit by bit copies.  Also i need a cd-rom that can read bit by bit or
is good at copying copy protected cds.  My price range on the burner is
about 150-175 on ebay or street price.  The range on the reader is less
than 50.  Thanks for your help.

2. kde or gnome startup?

3. CD-ROM & CD-RW - How???

4. XFree + 32bpp color + Netscape lockups

5. SCSI CD-RW: yamaha 4416s: HowTo REWrite CD-RW's?

6. Philip 104E monitor - Setup Linux 6.0 X-Windows Failed

7. ide-scsi cd-rw woes (creative cd-rw blaster)

8. FEM C++ & DsTool locations.

9. linux, Mitsumi CD-ROM (& SB), & the TA CD-ROM - solved!

10. Reading CD-RW from normal CD-Rom

11. CD-ROM, CD-RW, Internal ZIP , Confusion!

12. Reading CD-R & CD-RW with an ATAPI HP 7200e CD-Writer on RH 6.0...

13. replacing IDE CD-ROM with IDE CD-RW - kernel panic!