Description of Always IN2000 SCSI-Adapter

Description of Always IN2000 SCSI-Adapter

Post by J?rg Gerjet » Tue, 04 Feb 1997 04:00:00

Hi,
i got an old ISA-SCSI-Adapter called Always IN2000 (Bios 3.3), which is
supported by Linux. Unfortunately the description of the dip-switches is
missing - can anybody help me ?

thanks

Joerg

1. new Always-IN2000 scsi driver available

Hi everyone:

   A revamped IN2000 SCSI driver is available for download and
   testing at my ftp site:

            ftp.netcom.com/pub/js/jshiffle

   in the 'in2000' directory. It has what I think are a few
   improvements over the stock driver, including disconnect/
   reselect, synchronous transfer, easier debugging, command-
   line arguments for setting run-time parameters and debug
   output, and better FIFO handling. Swap partitions work now,
   as do tape drives and anything else that used to butt heads
   with the old driver's 1k block size limit. See the top
   of the 'in2000.c' file for more details.

   This is a rewrite of the in2000.[ch] files for Linux. They
   are drop-in replacements for the originals in linux/drivers/scsi
   - just copy them over the old ones. (Since hosts.c '#includes'
   in2000.h, you'll also need to do 'rm drivers/scsi/hosts.o' before
   recompiling if your's is a non-module setup.) The driver has
   been tested in 1.2.13 with and without ELF, and in the 1.3 series
   somewhere up into the 60's. I don't expect any problems with
   newer kernels. It is "modular-ised" for those who prefer that
   route.

   I have run a LOT of tests on this driver, and it seems very solid,
   including with up to 3 simultaneous large copy or tar commands
   running between 6 devices at once. Synchronous transfers seem to
   work fine, and I haven't had any trouble with devices choking on
   the sync-transfer message (yet!). Tape drives work well (finally!)
   and so do CD-ROM drives.

   I should mention that Drew Eckhardt's 'Generic NCR5380' sources
   were my main inspiration, with lots of reference to the IN2000
   driver currently distributed in the kernel source. I also owe
   much to a driver written by Hamish Mcdonald for Linux-m68k(!).
   And to Eric Wright for being an ALPHA guinea pig.

   Be forewarned that while I've had good luck with it, this
   is the first time it's been loose out in the wide world.
   It wouldn't suprise me if people uncover problems that
   I haven't caught....

   Please try the driver out. Test it, beat on it. And PLEASE get back
   to me - I really need to hear about bugs, stupid or bad code,
   and any ideas for enhancements.
   Thanks very much...

2. readline and pageup/down

3. Always IN2000 SCSI Question...

4. after rebooting my ip masq doesn't work

5. Always IN2000 SCSI HA Question

6. Dual Stack

7. New Always-IN2000 scsi driver available

8. static or dynamic librabry

9. Always IN2000 SCSI card - What's up with the driver?

10. Red Hat 5.0 won't detect Always IN2000 SCSI controller

11. 3c503 irq problem, Always IN2000 SCSI

12. Boot from SCSI drive? (Always IN2000+Seagate)

13. Always IN2000 SCSI driver, release 0.3