Help: Connecting via PPP using SAVD modems

Help: Connecting via PPP using SAVD modems

Post by Steve Griffi » Fri, 21 Aug 1998 04:00:00

I have a win98 machine connected to a linux box via PPP using 2 WebExel 56k
Flex SAVD modems.
I can connect using the data only, but when I add the simultaneous voice
commands (-SMS=2#VLS=5) to the init string they will not connect.
I have connected 2 win98 machines together with SAVD using dialup
networking without any problems.
Is it possible to have SAVD working on PPP with linux?
Any hints or directions to help files would be appreciated.

Steve

1. Help - Connecting with SAVD modems

I have a win98 machine connected to a linux box via PPP using 2 WebExel 56k
Flex SAVD modems.
I can connect using the data only, but when I add the simultaneous voice
commands (-SMS=2#VLS=5) to the init string they will not connect.
I have connected 2 win98 machines together with SAVD using dialup
networking without any problems.
Is it possible to have SAVD working on PPP with linux?
Any hints or directions to help files would be appreciated.

Steve

2. apache as transparent proxy

3. Connecting via PPP witn a PnP modem to an ISP using PAP

4. Gethostbyname(), Gethostbyaddr(), etc

5. connecting two linux box via lease line modem using ppp

7. Connect via LAN vs. Connect via modem headache

8. Announcing XFree86 3.1.2

9. Connect NT to Linux via modem/PPP

10. connect two redhat6.0 PC using null-modem ppp?

11. connecting two with X-server via modem (Linux X <-modem-> Sun X)

12. Win98 Machine Connected Via Modem, Linux Needs Connection..help!!!!

13. PPP Help Needed For Connecting with ISP Via Dedicated Addr.