Lava Port PCI+3com Impact IQ

Post by Ron Freide » Sun, 03 Oct 1999 04:00:00

Hi all,

I have been attempting to get a lava port pci working in RH to no avail,
I have gotten as far as to have lights on my 3Com Impact IQ light, and
actually have B1 connect (very slowly), but that's as far as it goes.

I am running kernel 2.3.18, setserial v 2.15

Here is one such attempt
/bin/setserial /dev/ttyS4 port 0xb400 autoconfig auto_irq

setserial sees the UART as a 16650V2 yet the irq is set as 0, when I try
to set it at irq7 which the BP6 mb see's it at it doesn't have any
effect.

Here's the output of cat /proc/pci
  Serial controller: PCI device 1407:0200 (rev 0).
      IRQ 7.
      I/O at 0xb400 [0xb4ff].
      I/O at 0xb800 [0xb8ff].

I have also had minimal success with

/bin/setserial /dev/ttyS4 port 0xb400 autoconfig
auto_irq spd_cust 230400 divisor 1

Has anyone gotten it working? A tech at Lava said he thought it had to
do with the speed I had been trying to connect at, i had the impact iq
set to operate at 230400 and tried spd_cust 230400 divisor 1, I also
tried 57600 divisor 4 as the tech had suggested.

I think it may have to do with irq's but am not sure... nothing else is
on irq7.

I must admit that after two years of abstinence I put NT back on this
box to play UT, then I used the dust collecting lava serial card,
there's a big difference using it as compared to the onboard port for
ISDN. And I don't have the money to purchase an ISDN router. Anybody
have one they don't want?
If you live in Toledo maybe we can work something out, I work in a
computer store.

No cable access in my area, and the phone co doesn't seem interested in
bringing in DSL.

anybody have any ideas?

Ron Freidel
Redistribution via MicroSoft software is prohibited. Spam will be traced
to the sender.

1. 3com Impact IQ Connect Rates

Howdy all....I have seen numerous posts about the new Impact IQ but
have not heard anything that I am interested in knowing, so here goes.
What serial cards are any of you using, to allow for higher connect
rates with compression.  Along the same line, using compression, what
connect speeds are many of you seeing.....I know it fluctuates from
place to place, but I would be interested to hear from others what
they get.  I am looking to invest in ISDN using an Impact IQ, which is
the reason I am asking.  Thanks,

Darren

2. shell problems

3. ISDN problem w/ 3Com Impact IQ, Red Hat 5.0 (More info)

4. Linux reports: INIT: ID "x" is respawning to fast...disableing for 5 minutes

5. 3com Impact IQ with Lavaport-ISA 16650 UART serial

6. Intel EtherExpress Pro/10

7. LinuxPPP+3com Impact IQ terminal adapter..

8. Wavelan, RoamAbout DS, Aironet Arlan...

9. 3Com Impact IQ ISDN TA

10. Howto Multilink with 3com Impact IQ ISDN modem

11. question - setup ISDN 3com Impact IQ - Redhat 5.1

12. 3com Impact IQ