modem suggestions please

Post by code_wron » Thu, 25 Oct 2001 01:19:13

Hi ,
Could someone recommend a cheap and cheerful external hardware modem, for
mandrake 7.1/MSwindows95?
cheers.

modem suggestions please

Post by John » Thu, 25 Oct 2001 02:19:29

> Hi ,
> Could someone recommend a cheap and cheerful external hardware modem, for
> mandrake 7.1/MSwindows95?
> cheers.

Check out <www.pricewatch.com> , you should find some really good deals through
there.

  John
--
Control your computer,don't let it control you...use Linux!

modem suggestions please

Post by bowma » Thu, 25 Oct 2001 11:55:14

> Hi ,
> Could someone recommend a cheap and cheerful external hardware modem, for
> mandrake 7.1/MSwindows95?

Do you need 56K? I've had good luck with an old BestData 33Flex. My ISP
can't acheive any better throughput so a 33 is fine. Ought to be a bunch of
them gathering dust.