scsi recommendation

Post by Mik » Tue, 02 Nov 1999 04:00:00

Hi, I'm new to Linux Redhat 6.0 ver. b. I'm using an intel pentium II chip. I
was wondering if anyone could recommend an inexpensive scsi uw or u2w
PCI controller that was reliable, easy to setup and also works under windows?

Thank you for reading my post.

scsi recommendation

Post by Peter Edd » Tue, 02 Nov 1999 04:00:00

I've got two BusLogic (Mylex) cards, a BT-950 and BT-958D
(Differential).  The BT-950 was about $60 and has worked great for me
and my two SCSI UW disks.  The BT-958D is great also, but it's for
differential (not LVD) drives that are scarce nowdays.  I found both
through http://www.buy.com.  Both these cards are supported directly
under Linux, with no special kernel configuration.  Happily, I have no
idea how they work under Microsoft operating systems.

Peter

> Hi, I'm new to Linux Redhat 6.0 ver. b. I'm using an intel pentium II chip. I
> was wondering if anyone could recommend an inexpensive scsi uw or u2w
> PCI controller that was reliable, easy to setup and also works under windows?

> Thank you for reading my post.

scsi recommendation

Post by CrazyPe » Wed, 03 Nov 1999 04:00:00

Quote:> was wondering if anyone could recommend an inexpensive scsi uw or u2w
> PCI controller that was reliable, easy to setup and also works under windows?

ALOT of people, myself included have had GREAT success with the TEKRAM
390u2w card.  It is cheap, has a dual bus for SCSI-2 and SCSI-U2W
and the company really goes out of its' way to support linux.
It also has external connectors for BOTH SCSI buses which is
kinda nice :-)

Peace

Peter

scsi recommendation

Post by John Gluc » Wed, 03 Nov 1999 04:00:00

> Hi, I'm new to Linux Redhat 6.0 ver. b. I'm using an intel pentium II chip. I
> was wondering if anyone could recommend an inexpensive scsi uw or u2w
> PCI controller that was reliable, easy to setup and also works under windows?

> Thank you for reading my post.

I've never had a problem with Adaptec stuff.
I have an old Pentium 100 with Adaptec PCI card (2940AU I think)
And a dual Pentium III with a tyan S1836DLUAN-GX motherboard that has
Adaptec chipset for ultra wide SCSI
Both work great
--
John Gluck  (Passport Kernel Design Group)

(613) 765-8392  ESN 395-8392

Unless otherwise stated, any opinions expressed here are strictly my own
and do not reflect any official position of Nortel Networks.

scsi recommendation

Post by Mark Crosla » Wed, 03 Nov 1999 04:00:00

I also have 2 Mylex BT-950's. One running Linux, the other running
Solarix 7 (x86). No problems.

Post by Robert W. Cunningha » Wed, 03 Nov 1999 04:00:00

> Hi, I'm new to Linux Redhat 6.0 ver. b. I'm using an intel pentium II chip. I
> was wondering if anyone could recommend an inexpensive scsi uw or u2w
> PCI controller that was reliable, easy to setup and also works under windows?

I just installed RH 6.1 with my Diamond Fireport 40, and it screams.  The driver
is already included with the installation kernel.

-BobC

1. SCSI recommendation, please

Hi there,

For the first time, I need to install Linux using a SCSI hard drive and
controller on a Pentium III based server. I have installed Linux on many IDE
drives in the past, but never on SCSI hardware.

I find the process intimidating. Could someone please recommend me a proven
controller/hard drive SCSI combo solution that works great with Linux? I
need a HD of 20GB approx. I would like the controller/HD to be recognized by
the Linux installation process, as I do not want to install drivers by hand.
Hope I am not asking too much! :-)

Many, many thanks in advance and Best Regards,

Jorge Alvarez.

2. Alarm failure on arp_solicit and ide_add_set (Linux)

3. SCSI Recommendations?

4. getwd can′t open...

5. SCSI recommendations? AHA 2940 woes!

6. Redhat Linux 5.1 and 3com 3c509b-TPO card troubleshooting

7. PCMCIA SCSI recommendations?

8. Samba problem with routing table?

9. Looking for SCSI Recommendations

10. SCSI Recommendation