Multiport cards

Post by se.. » Sat, 03 Feb 1996 04:00:00

Hi ,

I'm looking for some information on multiport cards.
How to write a driver, ... ?
Any comments will be appreciated.

   Bilal SEVEN

Multiport cards

Post by Byron A Je » Sat, 03 Feb 1996 04:00:00

>Hi ,

>I'm looking for some information on multiport cards.

They exist. Many run under Linux. There is a Linux Journal review on
intelligent multiport serial cards. You can read the article on their
web site http://www.ssc.com under the Linux Journal.

Quote:>How to write a driver, ... ?

No need if this is related to mulltiport cards. Comtrol, Cyclades, Stallion,
and Digi all have drivers.

Hope this helps,

BAJ
--
Another random extraction from the mental bit stream of...
Byron A. Jeff - PhD student operating in parallel - And Using Linux!

Multiport cards

Post by Mark Addina » Wed, 21 Feb 1996 04:00:00

: Hi ,

: I'm looking for some information on multiport cards.
: How to write a driver, ... ?
: Any comments will be appreciated.

G'Day,

Stallion multi-port cards are supported an the drivers have
been written and installed successfully at a number of sites.

:    Bilal SEVEN

No I don't work for Stallion, I just like 'em :)

Mark.

1. Multiport cards, ISDN cards and terminal servers for Linux

Flame me at will for _not_ having read the FAQ(s)... :-)

I'd like some  info about brands & models  (and  prices!) of Multiport
cards and ISDN cards that   are "guaranteed" for   use with Linux  :-)
Eg. this also means: where are those device drivers...? :-)

I'm in Europe, I need EuroISDN cards. :-(

Finally, I'd also be glad to hear about any experiences using terminal
servers with a Linux box.  Technically speaking, there  ought to be no
problems (eg. connect it to the Ethernet  card and let it fly...), but
there  are always those   minor  quirks...  If  you happen  to  have a
terminal server  supporting ISDN (yes, there are  a few  ones), let me
know about it!

I want to be able  to connect my Linux machine  to an array of modems,
using POTS initially, but I'll probably upgrade  to ISDN when I'm rich
:-)

Uh, and please email me back. Flames too :-) I don't have time to read
this  particular newsgroup (correction: I  _have_ time to read it, but
if I did, I had to quit work! :-) ).

Am I asking too much? Sure I am! :-)

Thanks, and sorry for the loss of bandwidth,

        Luis
--
        ,,,
       (o o)

                               Laboratorio Nacional de Engenharia Civil
Phone 351-1-8482131 Ext. 2821  Centro Informatica/Grupo Sistemas Centrais
Pager 067700 Code 204913       Av. Brasil, 101 - 1700 Lisboa, Portugal

2. How to rename physcial hard disk ?

3. I need sofware for use Arnet SmartPort Plus multiport card!

4. Symbolic links & performance

5. CYCLADES MULTIPORT CARD

6. assembler -> linux system calls

7. SALE RocketPort Multiport card

8. Portability

9. Need help configuring cyclades multiport card

10. Cyclades Multiport cards?

11. Multiport card help !

12. ASK: How can I setup PC COM multiport card

13. Stargate multiport cards usable?