can't read audio cd's on acer 50x max atapi cdrom

can't read audio cd's on acer 50x max atapi cdrom

Post by Danpc » Sun, 09 Jul 2000 04:00:00

i am running redhat 6.2
i have an atapi acer 50x max cdrom drive
i can mount data (iso9660) cd's fine,
but i have tried a bunch of audio cd's and players
as well as rippers and none can access
they all think there is no disc in the cdrom
the permissions are wide open (rw all around)
the device name i am using in the player programs is the same
as the one i have in /etc/fstab for the mount point

is there something weird about this particular cdrom drive ?
i have used other atapi cdroms without any problems

unfortunately i bought the wrong king of modem, and it only works under
winders and i can't figure out how to get aol to display newsgroups
in a decent way (like netscape)

thanks,
dan

Post by zealo » Sun, 09 Jul 2000 04:00:00

> i am running redhat 6.2
> i have an atapi acer 50x max cdrom drive
> i can mount data (iso9660) cd's fine,
> but i have tried a bunch of audio cd's and players
> as well as rippers and none can access
> they all think there is no disc in the cdrom
> the permissions are wide open (rw all around)
> the device name i am using in the player programs is the same
> as the one i have in /etc/fstab for the mount point

> is there something weird about this particular cdrom drive ?
> i have used other atapi cdroms without any problems

> unfortunately i bought the wrong king of modem, and it only works under
> winders and i can't figure out how to get aol to display newsgroups
> in a decent way (like netscape)

> thanks,
> dan

 In your /etc/fstab file find the entry for the cdrom drive and
set the options to auto,owner,ro.

JIM

1. NEC ATAPI cdrom won't play audio CD

( I post it again because for an unknown reason, my previous post was
cutted in the middle of the message)

Hello,

         I got a Dell computer with SoundBlaster and ATAPI CDROM.
I recompile the kernel ( FreeBSD 2.1.5) to make it handle the CDROM (
NEC CDR 1400 master on 2nd IDE chanel) & sound card (Vibra16 compatible
SoundBlaster 16):

wdc0 at 0x1f0-0x1f7 irq 14 on isa
wdc0: unit 0 (wd0): <QUANTUM FIREBALL1080A>
wd0: 1039MB (2128896 sectors), 2112 cyls, 16 heads, 63 S/T, 512 B/S
wdc1 at 0x170-0x177 irq 15 on isa
wdc1: unit 0 (atapi): <NEC                 CD-ROM DRIVE:282/3.04>,
removable, dma, iordy
atapi1.0: unknown phase

2. Is there an FAQ?

3. ATAPI NEC cdrom won't play audio CD

4. Driver works fine on a DS20 but crashes on a GS80

5. Hitachi CDR 1750S cdrom - WHY doesn't it play Audio CD'S?

6. librpcsvc, where?

7. IDE CDROM won't play audio CD's (HeLp!)

8. Need help with Diald

9. Acer IDE/Atapi CDROM loses audio

10. Plextor cdrom px40tsi doesn't read Video-CD's under linux-2.3+

11. CDROM problem: Acer 50X

12. cd-rom won't read audio cds

13. can't read track info on my new Acer cdrom