Setup the 3Com ISDN Impact 2 Modem

Post by Stephen He » Fri, 28 Jul 2000 04:00:00

Hi Everyone,

My friend had just setup his Linux box to access Internet and his ISP told
his to buy the 3Com ISDN Impact 2 Modem and the modem only come with Windows
driver. His ISP said it is easy to do the setup but need to charge 140/hr.
Can anyone tell me how to do the setup please?

Thanks and Regards.
sh

Setup the 3Com ISDN Impact 2 Modem

Post by sideban » Fri, 28 Jul 2000 04:00:00

I'm assuming it's an external modem, and not a PCI card?

If so, it's treated just like an analog modem would be under linux... I have the
NETGEAR XM128, and all I had to do was go thru the AT command reference to set
up the modem for the particular options I have with my ISDN and ISP service, and
it works like a charm...

I might also suggest your friend invest in a high speed serial card, if it's an
external modem. Most machines' built-in serial ports stop at 115,200bps, which
is slower than the 128000 bps the modem is capable of without data
compression....

Hope this helps.

-SSB

> Hi Everyone,

> My friend had just setup his Linux box to access Internet and his ISP told
> his to buy the 3Com ISDN Impact 2 Modem and the modem only come with Windows
> driver. His ISP said it is easy to do the setup but need to charge 140/hr.
> Can anyone tell me how to do the setup please?

> Thanks and Regards.
> sh

1. question - setup ISDN 3com Impact IQ - Redhat 5.1

Hello,

I am new (very new) to linux and am using Red Hat 5.1.  How do I set up my
3com Impact IQ ISDN modem?  It's external on com 1.

Can I even use ISDN, or do I have to use an analog modem?  If I have to get
a new modem, what are some good ones to use with Linux.  I eventually want
to run Apache Web Server on this machine.

Thanks for the input,
Brian

2. any way to get Logitech C7 mouse to work w/o loading dos driver first?

3. 3COM Impact ISDN modems

4. 3COM EL3 and TCP/IP

5. Howto Multilink with 3com Impact IQ ISDN modem

6. trouble configuring uucp - help badly needed

7. Configure 2 channel on 3COM IMPACT II ISDN MODEM

8. QUE: Which Ethernet card for 100% compatibility?

9. 3Com Impact IQ ISDN Modem!

10. 3Com Impact ISDN Modems & Multilink!

11. 3com Impact IQ ISDN modem and Linux: it doesn't work well, anybody know why?

12. 3com Impact External ISDN Modem

13. ISDN problem w/ 3Com Impact IQ, Red Hat 5.0 (More info)