XFree86 , Diamond Monster Fusion, and ATI XPERT@Play

Post by Dave » Tue, 26 Oct 1999 04:00:00

I currently have a PC-100 motherboard with built-in SiS 6326 graphics with a
Gateway CrystalScan 700 monitor.  It appears there is no way to configure
the SiS 6326 with XFree86, Metro-X, or Accelerated-X.  The CrystalScan 700
is also not supported.

I would like to replace the above with a new motherboard so that I can get a
video card and monitor that I can configure with XFree86.

graphics boards.  Does XFree86 currently support either board well?

If the above is not supported, what is a good choice for an accelerated
grafhics card and monitor?

Thanks,
Dave Nicol

Post by Scott J. Bert » Wed, 27 Oct 1999 04:00:00

> graphics boards.  Does XFree86 currently support either board well?

They both work with XFree86.  There is also 3D support available for
the Diamond card.

Scott J. Bertin

1. ATI Xpert@Play AGP vs. ATI Xpert@Play 98 AGP

Just wondering if anyone out there is using the either of these cards with
RedHat 5.2 or xfree86 3.3.2.  On RH's compatibility list it says the

What I would really like to know is this : is there a difference between

with RH 5.2.  Any suggestions of other relatively cheap (around $50) video
cards that are agp and work with RH 5.2 (out of the box) would be really
appreciated.
Dan Finn

2. NIS &YP

3. Linux Xfree86 runs on LX | VP-3 AGP motherboard slot with ATI Xpert@Play | Xpert@Work

4. WHERE DO I GET FREE OS??

5. XFree86 Setup w/Diamond Monster Fusion

6. Linux as a simple file sharing device?

7. Diamond monster fusion model z100 under xfree86

8. NFS deamon

9. Diamond Monster Fusion Vcard under xfree86 HELP???

10. Problems - ATI Xpert@Play and XFree86 3.3.3.1-1.1

11. ATI Xpert@play AGP + XFree86 ??

12. XFree86 thinks ATI Xpert@Play has only 2 MB

13. Diamond Monster Fusion Voodoo?