Adaptec AVA-2825 Anybody?

Post by Paul M. Gazell » Fri, 05 Apr 1996 04:00:00

I have finally purchased a SCSI II controller card that has some guts to it and
was wondering if anybody has been able to use this under Linux.  If so, how did
you get it to work?  I've grabbed the latest kernel (1.3.81) and couldn't find
an option for this controller.  If there are any documents that would help me,
please let me know as I haven't found any yet.  Thanks a bunch!

For those interested, here are some specs on the card:

VESA card
IDE, EIDE, SCSI II, Floppy controller  (all this on one card!)
Uses BIOS-resident Adaptec SCSI Select configuration utility.

Currently, I'm attaching a quad speed CD-ROM and an old 1/4 inch stream tape
drive.  These used to be running off of the SCSI controller on the back of my
Pro Audio Spectrum sound card.  When I switched controllers, the performance
of my CD-ROM increased by a factor of 4!  I plan soon to purchase a SCSI hard
drive (1 GIG) to add to the controller, but for now, I want to get this working
under Linux.

Any information is appreciated!

#include <disclaimer.h>                           800-842-9322 / 216-765-1758 FAX
http://www.winc.com/~tardis>         "Stay close to the Vorlon." : Babylon-5

Adaptec AVA-2825 Anybody?

Post by Suzanne Archiba » Mon, 08 Apr 1996 05:00:00

: I have finally purchased a SCSI II controller card that has some guts to it and
: was wondering if anybody has been able to use this under Linux.  If so, how did
: you get it to work?  I've grabbed the latest kernel (1.3.81) and couldn't find
: an option for this controller.  If there are any documents that would help me,
: please let me know as I haven't found any yet.  Thanks a bunch!
:

Looking in the aha152x.c file it claims to recognise 282X as a 152X, so i guess
the driver to use is the Adaptec 1520 driver.

I hope it works - i just bought one (the external port on my FD TMC950 card
didn't work).

: For those interested, here are some specs on the card:
:
: VESA card
: IDE, EIDE, SCSI II, Floppy controller  (all this on one card!)

Shame it doesn't have multi-IO too, or i could throw out my VL IDE/IO board
still, i can configure the IDE on that as the second controller (why didn't
adaptec allow the IDE to be the secondary controller ?)

: Uses BIOS-resident Adaptec SCSI Select configuration utility.
:
: Currently, I'm attaching a quad speed CD-ROM and an old 1/4 inch stream tape
: drive.  These used to be running off of the SCSI controller on the back of my
: Pro Audio Spectrum sound card.  When I switched controllers, the performance
: of my CD-ROM increased by a factor of 4!  I plan soon to purchase a SCSI hard
: drive (1 GIG) to add to the controller, but for now, I want to get this working
: under Linux.

Cool, I can't wait to see the performance gain on my 2 213M sun drives and my
1/4 tape drive. Though the upgrade is worth it alone just to stop the annoying
30-45 second bus scan that the ST02 family seem to have.

-
Suzanne.

1. Adaptec AVA-2825

I have an Adaptec AVA-2825 VL Bus SCSI-2, EIDE, & Floppy
controller installed in my system, and I would like to know if
there is a release of the LINUX kernel that will support this
particular board.

Any information on this would be greatly appreciated...

2. drivers for Gravis UltraSound?

3. adaptec ava-2825 support ?

4. more ports

5. Adaptec AVA-2825 ???

6. Tool for scan problem

7. adaptec ava-2825 scsi board

8. a.out Slackware

9. Support for Adaptec AVA-2825

10. Needed: bootkernel for the Adaptec AVA-2825

11. adaptec ava-2825 scsi board

12. Adaptec Total Advantage AVA-2825

13. AVA-2825 (Adaptec)