Installing my Lexmark 2050

Post by Chris Placht » Sun, 05 Jan 1997 04:00:00

I recently obtained a Lexmark Color Jetprinter 2050 and I am having
trouble installing it on my linux system.  I successfully installed it
for Win 95, so I know the printer works.  I did my linux install with
the Red Hat software and have been trying to install my printer using
the control-panel from Red hat.  The process seems pretty simple but
when I do it the printer doesn't respond.  The funny part is that it
appears to be working.  When I use lpr to submit a job and then do an
lpq, the print job is shown as being active.  The status file in the
/var/spool directory says "lp1 is ready and printing", but the printer
just sits there.  Does anyone have any experience installing this
printer?  Please help!  Thanks in advance.

   Chris Plachta