Installing a Teles S0.16/3 ISDN card (PnP)

Installing a Teles S0.16/3 ISDN card (PnP)

Post by Francisco Monteagud » Mon, 23 Dec 1996 04:00:00

Hello; I'm trying to install the above card under Linux, without luck.
Are there any way to make it to work under Linux?

Thanks in advance,

        Francisco.

Installing a Teles S0.16/3 ISDN card (PnP)

Post by Hugo van der Kooi » Wed, 25 Dec 1996 04:00:00

On Sun, 22 Dec 1996 15:59:35 +0100, Francisco Monteagudo

>Hello; I'm trying to install the above card under Linux, without luck.
>Are there any way to make it to work under Linux?

I don't know about PnP but I have installed both the Teles S0.16 (at
home) and the Teles S0.16/3 with a little trouble.

The Teles S0.16 needs a memory block of 16kB assigned which took a bit
of digging into my system setup.

The Teles S0.16/3 gave me some problems with older kernels as they
didn't understand the changed card. The .3 version has no memory.
Current Kernels 2.x should be able to support the card BUT you have to
edit a config.c file somewhere in the ISDN driver tree to match your
card. The default is still a Teles S0.16 as the original author (Jan
den Ouden) has a Teles S0.16 just like I do for over two years which
is before there were PnP cards at large.

Hugo.

PS: For in depth questions please send you questions to my system via
the reply-to address provided.

Quote:

>Thanks in advance,

>    Francisco.

Installing a Teles S0.16/3 ISDN card (PnP)

Post by Robert Bergfor » Thu, 02 Jan 1997 04:00:00

Quote:> The Teles S0.16/3 gave me some problems with older kernels as they
> didn't understand the changed card. The .3 version has no memory.
> Current Kernels 2.x should be able to support the card BUT you have to
> edit a config.c file somewhere in the ISDN driver tree to match your
> card. The default is still a Teles S0.16 as the original author (Jan
> den Ouden) has a Teles S0.16 just like I do for over two years which
> is before there were PnP cards at large.

I didn't have to edit anything, I just installed the
isdn4linux-utils-2.0 package, and configured isdn and teles as modules,
and it works fine with teles 16.3

Robert Bergfors

1. Teles S0-16/3c PnP ISDN Card

Hi folks,

I bought a Teles S0-16/3 PnP ISDN card. Unfortunatly the newest
version ("c") is not suported by the current hisax driver.
Where can I find a working (experimental) driver version?

Thanks
                        Rene

2. Sound help please!

3. Problem with a Teles.S0/PnP ISDN card

4. EXOS 105 Ethernet Board - How?

5. SuSE 5.3 + TELES.S0 16.3c PnP

6. A question on portupgrade

7. Problem witk Teles 16.3c PnP ISDN card

8. Anyone good with PC to Sun via KVM Switches ?

9. Teles-S0.16 (ISDN TA) drivers???

10. ISDN Board Teles S0 PnP Configuration

11. ISDN, Teles 16.3c PNP Rev. 2.3 and Mandrake

12. Teles 16.3c ISA PnP (ISDN) not supported?

13. Teles S0 ISDN card and fax