Armada 1750 - sound problems

Post by Jerzy Kaltenber » Thu, 23 Nov 2000 04:00:00

Dear All:
i've recently got  an Armada 1750 with es1689 sound chip. I have tried
to load the sb module with a whole range of standard sb io and irq
ranges but it fails  with the standard message  "device or resource
busy" . Having verified under win2k  that this card runs at irq 10 , io
0x240,0x388,0x330 and dma 1 ,5  i've tried to load it that way also -
the module fails to load  always with the same message. This card works
fine under win2k. I also have another one of these laptops where this
same chipset works flawlessly at sb default settings  ( irq = 5, dma 1-5
, io=0x220 & 0x330). Please advise
J.K

1. FreeBSD 5.0 boot problems on Compaq Armada 1750

Hi there.

I'm trying to get FreeBSD 5.0 to run on my older Compaq Armada 1750 laptop,
but it refuses to boot. When I boot and it gets to mounting the root image,
it freezes up. It boots fine with FreeBSD 4.3, but It dosen't support the
PCMCIA controller located in the machine, thus no network is awailable on
that version.

Slackware Linux 8.0 works fine, but I'd rather use FreeBSD because of the
stability, and certain security issues(And the posibility to make a minimal
installation and add/compile everything yourself, without having to use
LFS).

Also, I have an old Digital ventures 5133 I've tried to install FreeBSD 5.0,
but it can't use the diskcontroller, it refuses to do so. Linux(Redhat 6.2)
also works quite fine on this machine.

Does anyone have a clue to what I could do to get FreeBSD on my machine, or
am I stuck on Windows/Linux on this hardware?

I didn't think that FreeBSD would be so picky about hardware, but I guess it
is :-(

Regards,
Peter

2. Looking For Intel Pro 10+ ISA Drivers...

3. XFree86 problem on a Compaq Armada 1750

4. Newest Linux

5. Problems with Xwindows in a TFT LCD (Compaq Armada 1750)

6. Math Emulation-How?

7. Installation problems with Compaq Armada 1750

8. Mouse problems installing XFree86 ( help )

9. Armada 1750

10. Compaq Armada 1750 Soundcard

11. Please help - RH 7.1 inconsistent failures on Armada 1750

12. Compaq Armada 1750 Refresh Rates for X Windows

13. Posessed Compaq Armada 1750 (it sure seems that way)