KEyboard sends additional back tick character

KEyboard sends additional back tick character

Post by John Zoetebie » Fri, 15 Mar 2002 17:26:05

Every now and then my keyboard sends an additional back tick (character
"`") to the screen.
It is not related to a particular program.
It happens mostly when I start typing again.
My operating system is Mandrake 8.2
Motherbaord DFI AM75-TC, keyboard Dell QuietKey.
Previously I had motherboard AK75-EC with the same problem.
Does anybody have an idea what could be the cause of this problem?

John Zoetebier

KEyboard sends additional back tick character

Post by RusH » Sat, 16 Mar 2002 05:52:56

begin  John Zoetebier  nap3odzi3(a):

Quote:> Every now and then my keyboard sends an additional back tick
> (character "`") to the screen.
> It is not related to a particular program.
> It happens mostly when I start typing again.
> My operating system is Mandrake 8.2
> Motherbaord DFI AM75-TC, keyboard Dell QuietKey.
> Previously I had motherboard AK75-EC with the same problem.
> Does anybody have an idea what could be the cause of this problem?

this could be software related ..bou first go to your bios and find
"keyboard clock" - the standard value is 8MHz , try changing to 10MHz
or 7MHz

Pozdrawiam.
--
RusH   // BigTowerATX CaseMod
 http://kiti.pulse.pdi.net/707

Post by John Zoetebie » Sat, 16 Mar 2002 12:01:50

> begin  John Zoetebier  nap3odzi3(a):

>>Every now and then my keyboard sends an additional back tick
>>(character "`") to the screen.
>>It is not related to a particular program.
>>It happens mostly when I start typing again.
>>My operating system is Mandrake 8.2
>>Motherbaord DFI AM75-TC, keyboard Dell QuietKey.
>>Previously I had motherboard AK75-EC with the same problem.
>>Does anybody have an idea what could be the cause of this problem?

> this could be software related ..bou first go to your bios and find
> "keyboard clock" - the standard value is 8MHz , try changing to 10MHz
> or 7MHz

> Pozdrawiam.

Checked my BIOS but there is no setting for a keyboard.
Will use an other keyboard brand to see if it makes any difference.

John Zoetebier

Post by John Zoetebie » Sun, 17 Mar 2002 16:43:45

> begin  John Zoetebier  nap3odzi3(a):

>>Every now and then my keyboard sends an additional back tick
>>(character "`") to the screen.
>>It is not related to a particular program.
>>It happens mostly when I start typing again.
>>My operating system is Mandrake 8.2
>>Motherbaord DFI AM75-TC, keyboard Dell QuietKey.
>>Previously I had motherboard AK75-EC with the same problem.
>>Does anybody have an idea what could be the cause of this problem?

> this could be software related ..bou first go to your bios and find
> "keyboard clock" - the standard value is 8MHz , try changing to 10MHz
> or 7MHz

> Pozdrawiam.

Problem with backtick disappeared after using new keyboard.
Keyboard that caused problem was Dell QuietKey.
New Keyboard is BTC with power options.
Problem occured with these system boards: DFI AM75-TC and AK75-EC

It seems that the Dell QuietKey keyboard does not like other system
boards. On a Gigabyte GA-7ZMMH the keyboard locked up completely, which
required rebooting the system. This problem was solved by flashing the
latest BIOS.

1. Keyboard sends additional back tick character

Every now and then my keyboard sends an additional back tic (character
"`") to the screen.
It is not related to a particular program.
It happens mostly when I start typing again.
My operating system is Mandrake 8.2
Motherbaord DFI AM75-TC, keyboard Dell QuietKey.
Previously I had motherboard AK75-EC with the same problem.
Does anybody have an idea what could be the cause of this problem?

John Zoetebier

2. ISDN in North America

3. specifying back-ticks in an alias (csh/tcsh)

4. When? Slackware glibc 2.1.x release?

5. Random Back Ticks - Dell Optiplex GXa

6. Cry for help! literally!

7. Sed and possible double back-ticks -- great alias gone to hell

8. a simple question about NFS

9. irritating ticking from keyboard when playing mp3s

10. USB Flash Drive with Additional an Additional Funtionality

11. MS Internet keyboard Linux support for additional keys??

12. MS Keyboard -- 3 Additional Keys

13. keyboard with additional function keys