Help needed for Linux X configuration with ATI Rage Mobility-M PCI

Help needed for Linux X configuration with ATI Rage Mobility-M PCI

Post by Jeroen de Vrie » Wed, 07 Feb 2001 17:22:35

I have a NEC Versa Note VXi laptop with an ATI Rage Mobility-M PCI 4MB
graphics card.

I have 2 distributions Mandrake 7.0 and Red Hat 6.0, with both distri's
Linux works fine except for X. I can't get X configured for my video card.
NEC is not supporting Linux and ATI is not supporting their cards in
laptops.

Does anyone have experience with this type of card? If so please let me know
how to get things up and running. I tried to configure a Mach64 card but
that does'nt work. From the postings I concluded that I should maybe
configure a Rage 128 card. I haven't tried that yet.

Anyway somebody willing to share his experience, give me some tips or even
can supply a XF86Config file is very welcome to do so.

When replying to me directly please remove '.nospam' from my e-mail adress.

Greetz.

Help needed for Linux X configuration with ATI Rage Mobility-M PCI

Post by Chri » Thu, 08 Feb 2001 20:58:04

Or get Mandrake 7.2, that comes with 4.0.1

Help needed for Linux X configuration with ATI Rage Mobility-M PCI

Post by meow » Fri, 09 Feb 2001 18:51:16

Quote:> Or get Mandrake 7.2, that comes with 4.0.1

Hmm it is mandrake 7.2 that i used and when asked which version of x
windows to use i selected 4.0.1
But it still didnt auto the card

1. Q: ATI Rage Mobility-P, Compaq PremierSound, Mini-PCI modem

Hi there,

does anyone successfully installed Linux on Compaq Armada E700, M700,
which have ATI Rage Mobility-P as graphic cards, and some strange called
Compaq PremierSound. Esp. is this mini-PCI modem a win-modem or a
hardware modem?

Further will the newest lilo from Redhat6.1 work with harddisks larger
than 10GB? is there any problem with 1024 cylinders if I give 4GB for
Win98 at first, than linux?

Thanks!

2. HELP! telnet

3. Help wanted for Laptop ATI Rage Mobility-P AGP

4. Capacity Planning Class - May 2001

5. Help: Problems with XFree 4.2 and ATI Rage Mobility M4

6. "logout" from Apache server

7. ATI Rage Mobility -P card under linux?

8. Auto rebooting your machine?

9. Linux on a notebook with an ATI Rage Mobility?

10. ATI Rage Mobility-AGP2x on Dell 7500 (Inspiron) Redhat Linux v7.x...

11. Where can I find ATI Rage Mobility drivers for Linux?

12. Driver for Ati Rage Mobility + Suse Linux 7.0 ???

13. ATI Rage Mobility w/Linux