Let's tell vendors about crappy tech support

Let's tell vendors about crappy tech support

Post by Phil Shaff » Thu, 01 Feb 1996 04:00:00

Ok, I'm sure that everyone is tired of getting parts that don't work
and/or dealing with tech support that doesn't work and/or long wait
times while waiting on tech support or just other general problems
with companies that the companies don't seem to want to resolve.

If any of this is true, I invite people who have had problems to
send details of the problems they have had to

web page of companies with tech support problems.   I call it the
Complaint Desk.  Maybe if some of these vendors get the idea that
we're tired of the crap, then maybe they'll straighten up their act.
(or they'll try to sue me for slander...)   On that note, please
only send verifiable facts of problems you have had.  I want people,
who are looking for companies to deal with, to be able to get what
they want, in the time frame they wanted, and for it to work right
the first time.

This page is born out of the frustration I have been through in the
past month trying to buy a decent motherboard, so currently it only
has a few things on it, but I know that there's enough of you out
there who have run into problems like this that you'll want to speak
out, NOW'S YOUR CHANCE!!!

The url is:       http://umbra.arch.bsu.edu/pshaffer/
which includes my page of Linux experiences as well as other things.
When you send me information, please tell me if I can use your name
or anonymous and if I can put a link to your e-mail address.

Also, I don't want this to be a negative page, if anyone has had
repeated good luck with a company, I've included an area for
that as well.

Thanks to everyone!
--
Phil Shaffer