Linux on VOBIS portable highscreen XD advance

Linux on VOBIS portable highscreen XD advance

Post by Simone Paolett » Fri, 20 Nov 1998 04:00:00

Hello,
 I'm going soon to buy a portable.
 Did anyone try installing Linux on "highscreen XD advance"
 portables from Vobis ?
 I know that Linux worked on the older "LeBook Advance", but
 I don't know if the architecture of the new model is still
 compatible ...

 Thanks,

  Simone Paoletti - EP div. - C.E.R.N. CH-1211 GENEVA 23 Switzerland

            tel :  +41.22.767.9438
            fax :  +41.22.767.90.75

Linux on VOBIS portable highscreen XD advance

Post by Selim Jochi » Sat, 21 Nov 1998 04:00:00

I'm quite sure you won't have any problems. As far as I know it is
manufactured by chicony like the older one and I think it is the
"chicony 978" (the advance model was chicony 975) which is listed on the
linux laptop page
http://www.cs.utexas.edu/users/kharker/linux-laptop/
I'm sure you can find out whether it's this one!

Selim

> Hello,
>  I'm going soon to buy a portable.
>  Did anyone try installing Linux on "highscreen XD advance"
>  portables from Vobis ?
>  I know that Linux worked on the older "LeBook Advance", but
>  I don't know if the architecture of the new model is still
>  compatible ...

>  Thanks,

>   Simone Paoletti - EP div. - C.E.R.N. CH-1211 GENEVA 23 Switzerland

>             tel :  +41.22.767.9438
>             fax :  +41.22.767.90.75

1. Vobis Highscreen Advance 12''

Hallo,
 I'm trying to install LINUX on the Vobis Highscreen Advance
 notebook.
 Does anybody know how I should configure the X server for
 the 12'' TFT screen ?
 The SuperProbe command gives:

  First video: Super-VGA
  chipset:     Yamaha 6388 VPDC (Port Probed)
  RAMDAC :     Generic 8-bit pseudo-color DAC
               (with 6-bit wide lookup tables
                (or in 6-bit mode))

  Simone Paoletti - EP div. - C.E.R.N. CH-1211 GENEVA 23 Switzerland

            tel :  +41.22.767.9438
            fax :  +41.22.767.90.75

2. Patch 859 installation problem

3. ftape + Highscreen/Vobis tape drive = ?

4. Dont want have to use VirtualHost directives for mapping

5. suse linux on vobis notebook LeBook Advance ??

6. C++ String Conversions

7. Linux on Vobis LeBook?

8. scsi emulation with FreeBSD

9. trouble with linux on Highscreen 486

10. Linux install on Highscreen LeBook notebook

11. Linux on VOBIS PCs

12. Xerox WorkCentre XD 102 on Linux

13. Linux on an IBM ThinkPad 365 XD?